Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

vorgath

Lurker
Feb 4, 2019
Maybe a weird question but, do Jeantet pipes have a bigger draught hole than most other pipes ?
Smoked the one I got off E-bay, a Corsican briar Jeantet 54S, no filter, and whoa does it smoke nicely, better than my brand new Stefanou one. Looked inside both of them, huge difference in draught hole, however the tenon hole is much smaller on the Jeantet (of course due to the Stefanou being fitted for a 9mm filter).

seanv

Lifer
Mar 22, 2018
Canada
I have two jeantet pipes and I love them both equally. One of them has a very open draw and one is more restrictive. They both produce great smokes once I learned how to smoke them. I removed the metal stinger from them and have not used at all.

vorgath

Lurker
Feb 4, 2019
No stinger in this one, however also no metal band, and a gap, so it may be missing some parts, still ... I was considering buying a new Rossi, now I'm going to look for more French pipes on E-bay lol

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
Achtung, some Jeantets are drilled in order to take a 4 mm removable long metal stringers which go all the way from tenon to the bowls draft hole, this is why one might feel the draw to be very wide open.To remedy this annoyance is to pack a bit tighter or to have some 4mm Denicotea paper filters instead.

vorgath

Lurker
Feb 4, 2019
Wow, thank you so very much for the info. I did actually look a bit closer yesterday, and yes one can see threads inside, the pipe definitely had a stinger originally ... however ... I'm not complaining about the bigger draught lol .. I actually like the draw quite a bit ... but ... I may actually try the 4 mm paper filters, didn't know they existed, only knew about the "standard" 6 and 9 mm, plus older 3 mm ones ... if not maybe I'll try it with a balsa wood filter (trimmed down to size) .. but I doubt it
I'm right now looking at other Jeantet pipes on E-bay, but I'm cheap lol ... I got this one for $9.99 lol

Status
Not open for further replies.