PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pipebaum81

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 23, 2014
Greetings to all, I am active duty U.S. Air Force and spend a lot of time away from home. I travel with what pipe equipment I can but I want to know if there are smaller jars out there that would allow for easy travel and store around 4oz of my favorite blends. I would just stick with the tins that most of my tobacco comes in but this does nothing for my tin-less bulk tobacco and a lot of folks here don't suggest storage in tins. Any suggestions?
--jeremy

Jun 4, 2014
First off thank you for your service to our country! I'd look into smaller acrylic jars or maybe tupperware type containers, this way you won't have to worry about breakage and will save you some weight.

blueeyedogre

Lifer
Oct 17, 2013
A Ziplock bag tucked into a small Pelican case should to the trick for you. I used to store my pipe tobacco still in the pouch and a pack of smokes in one on maneuvers, kept them nice and dry and uncrushed. Cheers and keep yer head down brother!

texmexpipe

Oct 20, 2014
Being that you are not talking a long time, I'd use disposable ziploc plastic containers (like the stuff lunch meat comes in). They stack easy and are light weight. Or you could even buy the Tupperware stuff as the seal might be slightly better.

dochudson

Lifer
May 11, 2012
use the freezer ziplocks.. the same amount of tobacco takes up considerably less space than jars or tupperware.

pipebaum81

Nov 23, 2014
You guys are awesome! Some really great ideas. I'm about 60 days into a 180 day stint and away from my family since June. It's a joy to do something from home while away for so long. Pipe smoking while the sunrises and taking a moment to myself is a huge addition to my quality of life. I'm brand new to this forum but undoubtedly this too will help the time pass with more smiles.

ravenwolf

Can't Leave
Mar 18, 2014
Hard to beat those IRC foil packets. They're really good.
Thank you for your service. Glad to have you on the forums!

Status
Not open for further replies.