PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
The 3rd place submission is worthy of a Shakespearean pun! Should have garnered 1st place with kudos, IMHO.

I'm wondering if Mr. Arnett is of either Greek or Turkish heritage -- at least partially.
In any event, nice work by all the winners. I found the challenge of this cartoon particularly vexing. Great fun!

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
Care to explain his joke to simpletons like myself cortezattic?
It completely left me in the dust.
Congrats to the winners again. :clap:

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Well, it takes a certain sense of humor; but without ruining it I can leave a hint: Google "Greece Turkey Conflict".

The joke layers the search result upon the situation of the Trojan war -- but in the context of pipe smoking. The line becomes very funny clever (to me, at least).
ps. Judging by your many posts here, I'd hardly think you a simpleton just because it didn't strike you as clever.

checotah

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 7, 2012
Imagine my surprise when I opened the email notifying me I won third place! Special thanks to Kevin, SmokingPipes.com, Brigham Pipes, and the others involved in the decision making. 'Tis an honor not to be taken lightly.
Special thanks, also, to Cortezattic for his kind words. Thank you (again) for explaining my rather obtuse effort at humor, with a tobaccan bent. And, no, I'm am of neither Turkish nor Greek heritage; Scottish/Irish/Welsh/French/Cherokee/American mutt, yes. A bit off the mainstream, as well....
Looking forward to my new Brigham pipe! Will definitely post a picture when it arrives.
Again, thank you, all!
~Fred

Status
Not open for further replies.