PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

renfield

Lifer
Oct 16, 2011
Kansas
Ordered some plug tobaccos not available in the US and received them here in the middle of the country in 5 days. Outstanding. Warrior Plug, Velvan Plug, Mick McQuaid Plug and some Condor Ready Rubbed. Not cheap when compared to what we're used to (spoiled by) here but that's the way it goes.
The Euro scare packaging is quite something to behold. The graphic pictures of tumors and dead bodies almost made me give up the pipe, but I didn't. They were so close. . .
Ren

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
I've ordered from James Fox several times and their service is excellent. I too got my packages in 5 days with no issues. In fact, I'm due to make another order for the same plugs you just got. Fox is a classy outfit and has certainly earned my trade.

May 31, 2012
I love James Fox!

:!:
The handwritten invoices are an added touch of class.
I'm hooked on Velvan Plug.
I'm sad that the free-shipping-over-100-euro deal is gone,

but their postal rates are better than Mr. Snuff.
One note:

The Irish-market Warrior Plug is different from the England-market stuff,

at least for me, I detected a noticeable and distinct difference, only the amount of topping I think but enough to slightly alter the profile,

I prefer the English-market Warrior.

:puffy:

renfield

Lifer
Oct 16, 2011
Kansas
I didn't know there were different presentations of Warrior. Thanks for the info. I'll have to get some of the English incarnation when able.
So many tobaccos, so little time.
I agree about the invoice, I felt like I was doing business with a local B&M and not a big internet presence. A nice touch very in keeping with the spirit of pipe smoking.
Ren

Status
Not open for further replies.