PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
Ok so end of last week I placed an order with our good friend here pipeinhand and I can't believe I have it already today. I opened the package and it smells amazing. I ordered a sample of all his blends. I can't wait to get home and try them all but where do I start? I've got a little of everything. Halfling's Leaf, Summer Sangria, Autumn Walk, Honey Malt and Yule Pudding. I got 1oz of everything except 2oz of Halfling's Leaf after reading Baron's review.
Oh and by the way almost every person that's walked by my office today has stopped into ask what that amazing smell was. I'm drooling here smelling it and can't get home quick enough.

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
Interesting idea. I never even thought of that. Similar to reading books in order.

mctrav

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 26, 2012
Long Island
Halflings leaf is my go to smoke, just amazing and yule pudding is right up there with my favorites too. Enjoy!

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
Here is a discussion of Yule Pudding and several of pipeinhand's other blends I did on YouTube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zugnO98rWcs

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
Already seen it Baron before I placed my order. :)
I have to say your the one who's gotten me to try those blends.
Thanks dude. I can't wait to try them.

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
I should also mention that your talk of Mead in that video has me making Mead now. I made my first batch over the weekend. You're quite the inspiration.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
It's been great for me. Ever since I did a review of Halfling's Leaf, pipeinhand has been bouncing all his new blends off me. So far there isn't one I didn't enjoy! He really has a way with aromatics! I need to order some more Honey Malt. I could smoke that blend every single day.

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
I really can't wait to get home to try them all. I think I'll have to start with halfling's leaf and then maybe the honey malt.

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
Get out really? A Texas bootleggers guide to Mead. So who's Mr. Love?
I'm buying a copy right now. Thanks for pointing that out.

pipeinhand

Lifer
Sep 23, 2011
Virginia
The first one was Halfling's Leaf which I have been blending for about 10 years. Then I started the 4 seasons series and Summer Sangria came out followed by Autumn Walk. Then came Honey Malt followed by the holiday blend Yule Pudding. On the horizon next out will be the 3rd in the 4 seasons blend, Winter Solstice then Black Strap and Stonehenge.
I am so glad you guys like them, enjoy. :puffy:

hans

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 3, 2012
I am very curious about Mead now. I've never tried it and now i'm dying to. Thanks for giving me so many new things to try guys! you're killing me!

undecagon

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2011
Chicago, IL
I know the jackleeblend.com site is in the works, but is there any place currently where we can view the selection and read descriptions of them all in one place?

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
First I have to say I smoked the halflings leaf when I got home and what a fantastic smoke. I'm telling you that will be my go to everyday smoke. I can't wait to get home to try summer sangria.

Thanks much!
No problem Baron. Glad to help. Can't wait to see the book.
Hans I used to brew beer about 25 years ago and just started looking into trying my hand at mead after hearing Baron mention blackberry mead in his video. I wish I had kept all my old glass carboys and other equipment. Since I don't have any of that stuff I decided to try this easy recipe first and then my plan is to start with 1 gallon carboys and buy the equipment needed in January.

http://www.stormthecastle.com/mead/fast-cheap-mead-making.htm
If my brewing works out well with those 1 gallon glass jugs I may move on up to 5 gallon carboys.
undecagon shoot pipeinhand a pm and he'll tell you all about them or you can email info@jackleeblend.com The website isn't up yet but the email is working.

Status
Not open for further replies.