PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

barkar

Lifer
Apr 17, 2012
Well there is a sample of Jack Knife Plug in the Canadian Box Pass and because I have never had a tobacco of that type I gave it a try. LOL all I can say HIGH OCTANE! Its a great smoke I like it very much but I could only smoke have a bowl before I got the whirlies, had to smoke the other half an hour or so later. Just thought I would share that.

photoman13

Lifer
Mar 30, 2012
My girlfriend told me to get rid of it. She hated the smell. Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

msandoval858

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 11, 2012
Austin, TX
I have a sealed tin in the cellar. I love me some high octane tobacco though! Might have to bump it up on my list of stuff to crack open next.

joe912

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 27, 2011
Wasilla, Alaska
I thoroughly enjoy "Jack Knife Plug", but there should be a note on the tin that states "Do not smoke on an empty stomach" That tobacco has a solid steel-toe kick to it

Jul 12, 2011
Ah, the dark fired Ks for the 1-2 punch ;-) I just sliced off a flake

from the plug (w/about over a year of age on her) yesterday and

cube-cut it , then into the SmokinDragon stack it went...a great blend

of pure bacci goodness; smooth, creamy and stout...just a fantastic

blend by Mr. Pease

barkar

Lifer
Apr 17, 2012
You guys are great...not to mention funny. Like I said above, I liked it a lot but to much of a wimp to smoke it unless I kept myself to just half a bowl once in a while.

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
Ha ha...I put that in there and I am so glad to hear you like it. I treat it the same way as you do though. So good but soooo strong. Every now and then I load it into a small Stanwell Featherweight 242 pot and slowly smoke with a good strong cup of black coffee. It's a, shall we say, lifting experience.

msandoval858

Jun 11, 2012
Austin, TX
Alright that does it. I'm cracking my tin open this weekend.
I've been on strong tobacco kick lately smoking Montford Point and even went as far as chewing a chunk of Brown #4 rope. Sounds like I need this one bad :mrgreen:

barkar

Lifer
Apr 17, 2012
lol msandoval...go for it...actually I have decided that I likely will get some and like ohin3 I'll just be careful on how much I smoke because it is quite good.
@ohin3...thanks for putting it in the box

philip

Lifer
Oct 13, 2011
Puget Sound
I tried it for the first time this morning. It definitely has a kick by the bottom of the bowl.
I cut it into cubes and found it surprisingly slow burning and cool for a Virginia. Nice taste.
If you are smoking this on deck, be sure to wear your life preserver.

reichenbach

Jan 5, 2012
West Park, NY
Serendipity strikes! The TAD beast was starting to grumble last night so I was perusing some of the fine online retailers and I lingered on this one longer than the rest. Now, after seeing this, it is definitely on the list. Thank you all for your input.

tjameson

Lifer
Jun 16, 2012
I've put off testing my sample sent by HiPlainsDrifter because I'm usually at work when I smoke and don't want to get knocked off my ass haha I'll probably test it on Monday on my patio after a good breakfast.

Status
Not open for further replies.