PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
The Pipe Gods were kind to me today, I snagged this 2011 "Passion For Pipes" POY. I have this pipe in the smooth finish and have been looking for the blast version for sometime. Plus, everyone appeared to be asleep this afternoon on Ebay, so it went a lot cheaper than I had planned.
This pipe replicates the Comoys shape 283, a favorite shape.

http://www.apassionforpipes.com/neills-blog/2011/3/27/announcing-passion-for-pipes-first-pipe-of-the-year-subscrip.html?lastPage=true#comment20948448

And my smooth.

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
I have 2 of Jack's pipes and they are favorites, I know you will enjoy it as well, congratulations.

Dec 24, 2012
That is a fantastic shape Al, and I can see why you love it. I don't own a JH pipe and know little about them, but that is a gorgeous blast and the contrast stain really makes it pop. Congrats.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Thanks guys. Jack's stem work is really impressive and easily the best stem in my collection. I'd place his work above Rad Davis, which is pretty darn good.

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Sweet pipe Al ! I have always liked the chubby Rhodesian and Authors. I may have to start looking for one of those older Comoy's.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
This one exceeded my expectations, it was nearly unsmoked. (who smokes this once or twice and sells it??) Kudo's to Treasure Pipes on Ebay (Rodrigo), it was clean as a whistle and needed only a match and tobacco. Same outstanding smoking experience as it's twin sister in smooth. Count me in as a confirmed Jack Howell fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.