PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcitinner1

Lifer
Apr 5, 2014
Missouri
Does anyone know what Judd's Own is all about. I occasionally see the name on estate pipes on the bay. Today I restored a Sav 320ks that has Judd's Own stamped on it. I googled it and just got a bunch of old auctions. Is it an old or even existing tobacco shop?

homewaters

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 16, 2014
I don't know anything about the stamp but I bought a beautiful Larrysson Tree Bark from this ebay seller (judperl) last year. All I can say is the pipe was in much better shape than what I could see on the pictures. I was very satisfied with the transaction. Only a little elbow grease and minor sanding/buffing and she was back to her original beauty!
larrysson-tree-bark-1-600x398.jpg

• Love
Reactions: orlandofurioso

tuold

Lifer
Oct 15, 2013
Beaverton,Oregon
I've bought from that seller a few times with no problems. I've got a Medico Jet Stream on the way from here. Hopefully my luck will continue.

K

klause

No idea about the Judd's Own stamping - new to me.
But, in relation to Judd Perl, all i have is praise - I've bought from him many, many times - a pleasure to deal with and a real credit to ebay sellers. I will not hesitate to buy again - a real good egg.

K

klause

Incidentally, that is an absolutely gorgeous Larrysson - good catch!

tarak

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
South Dakota
Yup, I'll be one more to say I don't know the brand, but the Ebay seller seems legit. And I'll second- that Larrysson is a heck of a pipe. I love that stem.

antbauers

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 12, 2013
In the past I looked into these pipes as I came across a few also. I didn't find much back then either.
IIRC - The little that I came up was Judd's Own refers to E.K. Judd Taggatz who owned a shop called Tobacco Road, a chain pipe & tobacco shop with a few locations. Not to be confused with Judd Perlson aka judperl. They were in business from around the early 70's till 2007. He had a private line made for him by Savinelli and Sasieni. Other companies might have made some pipes also and some having only the stamp Judds Own. I'm not sure when this line of pipes started or ended. Maybe they stopped the same time they closed the shop doors or earlier. So the dating of these pipes is about a 40 year gap.

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
I know this is off-topic but, AntBauerS, are those your pipes in your signature? If so, what are they? They all are beautiful but the third in from the right looks amazing!
-Jason

antbauers

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 12, 2013
@lordnoble - sadly these are not mine, lol. I really liked them and thought it would make a great panorama. I need to stop being lazy and take my own picture. But it would never come out that nice. That pipe your referring to is a peterson fermoy B10, I'm almost sure atleast,

lawmax3

Can't Leave
Jan 18, 2013
As far as the judperl ebay seller It is a crapshoot to whether he will send the item or not.

Happened to me when I dealt with him and the negative feedback shows a definite pattern of the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.