PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnsteam86

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 1, 2018
I've seen Drexel VI a lot on here lately and was wondering what everyone thought about it. I am considering ordering some next month after my Three Nuns comes in and was kind of wondering what you would describe the taste like? If you smoke it quite often do you have a specific pipe that you smoke it in or do you switch blends throughout the day and encounter some ghosting or major ghosting with this blend?

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
Someone recently shared the contents list of the IPSD P&C "Goodie Bag" and I believe that was one of the contents.
If so, you'll soon have plenty of "first impression" postings.
jay-roger.jpg

johnsteam86

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 1, 2018
I wanted to get the Goodie Bag but I have to limit what I buy on P&C every month or else the wife gets in one of her moods for me buying more pipes.

crashthegrey

Lifer
Dec 18, 2015
Cobleskill, NY
www.greywoodie.com
I presume you mean Drexel VII, the flake VaPer in a pouch. I bought it on sale for $3.50 a pouch once, assuming it would be terrible. I took advantage of that sale and bought a few more pouches to jar up. It is similar to OGS, but a bit stronger. For a pouch tobacco, it compares to many good tins. The flakes are perfect as is or easy to rub. The grassy golden VA stands out, and there is enough perique to taste quite nice. Full mouthfeel, easy to smoke.

anantaandroscoggin

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 9, 2017
Greene, Maine, USA
My IPSD goodie-bag from P&C's sale included a pouch of Drexel VIII (and one of Sutliff 1M). Dunno how soon it'll be opened, as I seem to have developed a tendency to only have 3 tins and 3 pouches open at any one time (aside from whatever happens to currently be in glass humidors). I haven't yet reached a point of cellaring in mason jars.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
Might be an interesting blend. The name is unfortunate: it sounds like a hotel in Las Vegas.

Status
Not open for further replies.