PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrbigglesworth

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 1, 2015
Winston Salem, NC
Well, I've gone and done it again. And here I am before you, my brothers, to confess my sins.
I went into my local brick and mortar to to pick up a couple blends before the weekend. But there, on the checkout counter, were 8 beautiful and glorious Peterson Dracula pipes of all different styles calling to me like some kind of sultry, devious vixen.
I only wanted to caress her, and gently I did. I had seen her online, but ahhh, she was so much more beautiful in person.
"You know", said the store manager, "they're on sale for Halloween. Only $99. They retail for about $140."
"Only (gulp) $99?", I asked.
"'Til close of business tomorrow", he replied.
"Well", I said with some relief, "I don't have a hundred bucks to spend right now. I've seen 'em online. Boy are they pretty in person."
"Now, if you'd like to put a few dollars down we'll hold it at that price and you can pay it off later," the manager quipped.
"Damn you," I thought as he played my inner weakness. I continued to caress her glorious mound while admiring her swirled stem.
"I can pay it off later? At $99," I mused?
"Sure can", came the reply.
And so $20 was put down. It was the fourth pipe I've bought (am buying) from them this year. The guys at my local b&m are great about letting their customers do that with any pipe. And I always walk out of their feeling like a rich man, thanking them profusely for allowing me to spend my money.
Man, my wife's gonna kill me.

gogosamgo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 5, 2015
It's ok Lee... we all have PAD issues... that's why we're here... :wink:

gogosamgo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 5, 2015
None the less, congrats on the new pipe. Can't wait to see some photos!

prndl

Lifer
Apr 30, 2014
Amazing how fast caressing those "glorious mounds" can pull a $20 out of a pocket.
Just sayin'. :puffy:

dalamar

Lurker
Oct 24, 2015
Very nice. I almost picked up one of those Dracula pipes but then I saw this Peterson Fermoy and I knew it had to be mine. Just the day before I picked up two vintage Kaywoodie pipes.

kaboom

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 12, 2012
Congrats! acquiring a new pipe is always a wondeful feeling. I'm undergoing PAD withdrawal as I try to smoke and build cake on the ones i've already got instead of continuing on the wondeful downward spiral of endless new pipes...
Man, my wife's gonna kill me.
She certainly needn't know...

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
GASP!!.....you caressed it's glorious mound.....in public???....have you no shame!!?? :lol: :lol:
Congrats on your new Peterson, enjoy. :puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.