PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

puffy

Lifer
Dec 24, 2010
North Carolina
There is some kind of a nasty virus going around here in Carolina.My house is kind on an open house.Several folks drop in for coffee on a regular basis.Some of them don't have the good sense to stay away when they're sick.So of course someone who claims to be a good friend passed the virus along to me.I've been pretty much trying to fight this crap off for two weeks.I think I'm finaly making some progress.I haven't smoked much and I haven't been here all that much.I have just felt terrible.From now on no sick folks will be allowed in my house.They will just have to get their coffee at Starbucks until they get well.I hope I never have to go through this mess again.

Aug 1, 2012
Sorry ya been sick. with all the little germ farms at my school I've been lucky so far this year :knocks on wood: but there's some pretty nasty crap going around. Hope you kick it out soon.

bigboi

Lifer
Nov 12, 2012
Ahh the crud...yes it has been going around. I am sorry. Keep getting your fluids and rest. You will get out of it. Oh, I get a flu shot every year as well. I work in the medical field so I am a little more exposed, but the last time I didn't, my flu devoloped into pneumonia and I was hospitalized for 4 days. I have never been sicker in my life. So yeah I get my flu shot(the government needs to get rid of me somehow) :lol:

mlyvers

Can't Leave
Sep 23, 2012
get well soon puffy. sorry to hear you caught that bug sir. i think your briars are calling you.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Sorry to hear it puffy. I can say for sure that I feel your pain! It's been nearly 3 weeks for me and I've yet to enjoy a smoke. Looking forward to when I am 100% in the clear.
As for flu shots - I went over 30 years without ever having a flu vaccine and never caught it in that time. However, I've had it now 2 years in a row.
And while there are many good reasons not to trust the flu vaccine manufacturers, I don't think it's all bunk. Next year I'll probably get one. Two years in a row is enough for me!

gnatjulio

Lifer
Mar 22, 2012
New York
Sorry you're feeling like crap puffy. I hope you're. 100% real soon. I got the flu shot about 5 weeks ago (always do). The very next day I came down with a nasty sinus infection that layed me out for five days. Haven't been enjoying my normal routine since. I hope to be enjoying the steady smokes soon. Again I hope you're better real soon, and when you are, keep away all the carriers as best you can.

hodirty

Lifer
Jan 10, 2013
Sorry to hear that. Hope you get feeling like your old self again asap. Ive personally never had a flu shot or the flu, but anyway take care Puffy!

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
Being sick is no fun. It took me a few weeks to get over mine this month. My pipes got very lonely during that time. Hang in there Puffy!

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I got my flu shot in September and thought I had dodged the bullet. The wife and I were out at an Antique shop on Sunday when I became lightheaded and nauseous, completely out of the blue. She drove me home where I promptly got sick as a dog. I was miserable that evening, chills, headache, body ache and other flu symptoms. But, no fever, 98.6 dead on. I went to bed miserable and the wife woke up at midnight throwing up and the same symptoms. Monday we were feeling a touch better but felt like a truck had ran us over. By Monday evening we were OK and feel fine this morning. I guess it was a 24 hour bug? (both of us has flu shots, so perhaps that lessened the symptoms?) I sort of suspected food poisoning but couldn't tie it to anything consistent either of us ate.

flmason

Lifer
Oct 8, 2012
To help get your body back in line with nutrients go to Walmart and buy their brand of Pedialite. It will be found in the baby section of the store. My Dr. told me it is much better than Gatoraide. I have used this advice in the past and it has worked well for me.
I hope everyone who has been sick feels better very soon.

joeahearn

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 30, 2012
I've had it, too, Puffy. I have only been able to smoke one pipe in the past two weeks. Whatever this bug is, it is tenacious.

Status
Not open for further replies.