PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

puffy

Lifer
Dec 24, 2010
North Carolina
The high temperature for the next 2 days in my neck of the woods of going to be about 40 degrees.I know that isn't really all that cold to some folks.To me though it's 20 degrees below normal.Oh Well.At least I can smoke inside.I really would rather smoke on my porch though,but not when it's this cold.

elpfeife

Lifer
Dec 25, 2013
You're telling me! I have been visiting my 97 yr old father in Toledo the last several days. The high tomorrow is supposed to be 20 after dropping to 10 overnight with some unfriendly winds, yielding a wind chill I don't want to think about. Having spent the last 30 years in California this is not want I regard as prime pipesmoking weather. No lunting for me!

easterntraveler

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 29, 2012
It's 10 degrees tonight and -2 after wind chill. Sounds like you have a heat wave. Lol. Stay warm

Aug 1, 2012
It's -11 (with wind chill, only -7 by the thermometer) back home so I guess I'm glad that the temp here is only 30. A nice electric blanket is a must for smoking on my balcony here. The alternative is to go downtown and wander the streets with a cup of glühwein and a lat blend.

drwatson

Lifer
Aug 3, 2010
toledo
I don't know how much more of this global warming I can take
It's to my understanding that global warming melts the ice caps,creating more water in the ocean. Mixing the fresh/salt water it can change the jet stream patterns. Actually making it colder in certain areas. However I could be totally wrong on this, I try not to give it to much thought cause that would take away much needed energy to keep me warm. It's like 15 degrees here in Ohio right now. This is feb. weather not nov.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
Global warming has forced me to wear my Goose Down coat and neck fleece, if it gets any warmer I"m gonna have to break out my Carhart Arctic overalls. Damn this warming is gonna kill me.

bluesmk

Can't Leave
Jul 13, 2013
Bethlehem,PA
It is 25 degrees in Bethlehem,PA with an 18mph wind= a real feel temp of 8 degrees. Heater on in the shop still only 50 after an hour an a half, this winter is going to suck again I'm afraid. :x

Dan

Gabrieli Pipes :puffy:

northernneil

Lifer
Jun 1, 2013
I always laugh at these threads because they are always started by someone living in an area that is anything but cold :rofl:

desertpipe

Might Stick Around
Nov 13, 2014
We have snow on the ground and single digits this week in the desert southwest, and it is creating hardships for folks who can normally get projects completed through mid December. The growing cold nation wide will create new draws on the electric and natural gas systems....hope they hold up.

smeigs

Lifer
Jun 26, 2012
It was about 20 degrees this morning here in New Mexico. Getting up in to the 40's today. Perfect weather to sit by the pellet stove and have a smoke.

conlejm

Lifer
Mar 22, 2014
Folks, worry not about global warming! All of these polar caps disappearing and icebergs melting that we keep hearing about on the news ... They're all safe and sound in my backyard!

okiescout

Lifer
Jan 27, 2013
The great part of having a wonderful brick & mortar within minutes away. Great smoking room. Great company. Lately I am starting to see more pipe smokers :lol: But on the weekends it is back to the fire pit on the patio :clap: Burrrrrrrrr!

Status
Not open for further replies.