It's Official. McConnell's Pure Syrian Latakia - Ain't!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

plugugly

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 9, 2015
Got my order of McConnell's Pure Latakia tins from Smokingpipes and,on the back it says, "Best CYPRIAN tobacco".

Germany apparently IS tapped out.

Gentlemen,Syrian Latakia is fading from the scene.
Plugugly

cossackjack

Lifer
Oct 31, 2014
Evergreen, Colorado
Just checked my stock of McConnell's Pure Latakia, all of which is prior to 9/2015, & they are all SYRIAN Latakia. Seems like McConnell's recently ran out of the Syrian. I'll have to check my B&M to see if any of their remaining tins Syrian or Cyprian.

Sadly, I have a preference for Syrian Latakia.

gtclark

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 3, 2013
HAMLET:
It was fine leaf. Take it for all in all.

We shall not taste its like again.
END SCENE

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Indeed, Gtclark.
Very well played, Sir.
Like the wonderful wines from Lebanon, yet another internecine war destroys a small, third world economy and their fruits of the lands. Tobacco plants should recover sooner than a 200 year old grape vine, once cooler heads prevail, but I'm not hopeful this will happen anytime soon.
Fnord

buroak

Lifer
Jul 29, 2014
Tobacco plants should recover sooner than a 200 year old grape vine, once cooler heads prevail, but I'm not hopeful this will happen anytime soon.
C'mon peace is going to break out any minute, right?

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Well, that's a shame. I stocked up several years ago and it was the real deal then. I haven't needed to buy any more so am unaware that there had been an "event". Time to change the tin art.
The warfare didn't cause the cessation of Latakia production. It was the overuse of scarce natural resources that led to the decision to stop producing it.

bigpond

Lifer
Oct 14, 2014
Like the wonderful wines from Lebanon, yet another internecine war destroys a small, third world economy and their fruits of the lands.

Hmm...I thought production in Latakia was halted because it was over farmed. Have you heard differently?

Status
Not open for further replies.