It's Here! My Karl Erik Freehand! (Pic Heavy)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

24 Fresh Rossi Pipes
48 Fresh Savinelli Pipes
4 Fresh Scott Thile Pipes
12 Fresh Moonshine Pipes
36 Fresh Nørding Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bulletsnbriars

Can't Leave
Nov 9, 2013
Nashville/Williston
Once upon a time, a boy on the eve of his 18th perused a pipe smoking website with his father and was able to pick the tobacco and pipe of his choice as a birthday present. For some reason, a blend called Karl Erik Private Blend No. 20 caught his eye, a mixture of cavendish, Virginia, and a healthy dose of Latakia. When the present arrived, he admired the tin. On this tin, was a picture of Karl Erik freehand. Loving the tobacco, and diving deeper into the art of pipes, the thought of getting a Karl Erik freehand was always at the back of his mind. Then, he found out Mr. Erik had passed. Not only was his coveted Private Blend No. 20 discontinued, this boy suspected his freehands would be expensive in the best case scenario, and impossible to find in the worst.

He was wrong. Whilst browsing his favorite pipe forum, a freehand appeared for sale. And for a very reasonable price, too! With great excitement, he placed the order.

That person, is me. And here is the result! If you'll excuse me, I'm going to smoke a bowl of No. 20 out of my new Karl Erik freehand.

Thanks to Danmyak for the sale and careful packaging!

K

klause

Great read, and a cracking pipe - reckon you've got a great smoking, as well as a great looking, pipe there.
I hope it brings you many, many hours of peaceful pleasure.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Congrats! Nice story, and a nice pipe. Damnyak isn't half bad either...
Happy puffing!
-- Pat

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
A great story and a great looking pipe. Nothing better than having some personal significance behind a cherished possession.

sidious

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 30, 2014
Very nice pipe. The free hand pipes have started to grow on me. I think I will have to start looking for one. Let us know how it smokes.

bulletsnbriars

Can't Leave
Nov 9, 2013
Nashville/Williston
Thanks for all the well wishes guys! She smokes like a dream! Already my favorite after one bowl. Big loose draw. I love the stem, it clenches surprisingly well for a big pipe. Happy piping, all! :puffy:
P.S. Just in case you weren't joking rsuniv, my avatar is not a picture of me. I wish I could grow a beard like Donald "Duck" Dunn!

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Cool story! Glad you got a KE pipe! One question comes to mind though--are you old enough to be smoking ?? 8O

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Again, BNB, this burner found the right home. (I'm truly, honest to God happy for you, bub.) You got there first and that's the way it was meant to be.
Karl Erik Ottendahl was the man.
I'll get the next one.
Maybe.
Fnord

Status
Not open for further replies.