PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

locopony

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 7, 2011
Everyone who likes some blend there is as many who don't. I wonder who likes latikia blends? My tobacconist said noone likes straight latikias ........I do. Fullbent sent me some frog morton and that's the bees knees to me.

I guess the curing method ctores the sugars up cause when you smoke it tastes sweet.

schmitzbitz

Lifer
Jan 13, 2011
Port Coquitlam, B.C.
I often awaken in a cold sweat with the taste of Latakia on my tongue...and nothing will satisfy but the strongest bombs (which I've got to say, Frog is not one of).
Next time you speak with your tobacconist, point out that blends like Captain Earles Ten Russians or C&D DaVinci (not the aromatic of the same name from Dan) both sell; both contain huge amounts of the stinky leaf (and both are great).

smoker

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 25, 2011
I too like the latakia blends more known as balkans well by me they are anyway.

locopony

Jun 7, 2011
Schmitz, you don't like froggie. Ill have to try some of those others you suggested

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
I enjoy about any decent tobacco. Heavy latakia is good so are the dark ropes. It's all a matter of taste.

jcsnaps

Lifer
Oct 18, 2010
I'd say I like Latakia, smoke a lot of MacBarens Vintage Syrian. The tin says it's about 40% Latakia.

grouchy

Can't Leave
Jun 26, 2011
like a medium strong latikia to. have smoked it straight years ago.

but, i'm with you, smoking other flavored tobacco can be almost tasteless for a day or two

schmitzbitz

Lifer
Jan 13, 2011
Port Coquitlam, B.C.
Janko's right, I like Frog, I just wouldn't call it a heavy Latakia blend...medium at best. Vintage Syrian is another of my favourite blends; I never think of it as a Lat-bomb because the Syrian is so subtle when compared to its Cypriot cousin, but yeah, damned tasty stuff there.

locopony

Jun 7, 2011
Shows my ignorance. I thought frog was a heavy because its only latikia. I guess there are many strengths of latikia.

smoker

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 25, 2011
hahahaha

Shows my ignorance. I thought frog,

i thought they hop across the road to get to the pond to spawn new life hahahaha.

smoker

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 25, 2011
i was just messing baskerville as i mentioned before my sense of humour takes some getting used to

brewshooter

Lifer
Jun 2, 2011
I have a feeling that straight latakia is what your tobacconist was referring too. I don't think a lot of people enjoy smoking straight latakia.

locopony

Jun 7, 2011
I am not trying to be argumentative but I am looking at my tin of FM. "An exceptionally rich, smooth and dark Latakia mixture for the pipe. Now this is just frog morton not across the pond or on the town or any of that. Any way its my go to baccy at this time. 1q is a good break for a change. So is night cap and bag pipers dream. I don't really like much else right now. Any suggestions of some similar blends.

Status
Not open for further replies.