PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jollyroger

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 10, 2015
I've lived abroad for the better part of my life. While born and raised in the USA, I've spent quite a portion of my life elsewhere.

Besides having to deal with international shipping of tobacco, I've had the constant longing to that which I left behind.
Up until recently returning meant parting ways with family, and while I've always planned to return, the actual time when this may happen was never clear, with the actual prospect shrouded in doubt.
From being a teenager to a military man (which naturally took me quite far away and lasted a long time) to an academic and then to a husband and father, it seems that so much that has happened in my life did so while I was outside the US. Frequent visits evolved into infrequent hop-overs and eventually I began to wonder whether I was doing wrong by treating my current place of residence as something temporary, while all around me my friends and acquaintances were rushing to establish firm roots here.
However now it seems that together with my wife and parents, a consensus has been reached that involves a deadline.

Within 12 months, we are set to move back to the states for good, and this thrills me to no end.
The prospect of exploring a new place with my wife and son, discovering new opportunities, having new experiences, and no less importantly - walking into a pipe store and purchasing whatever sounds good at that moments - all have me wandering around trying to figure out the best method of making 12 months pass faster.
All this contemplation is taking a serious toll on my tobacco stash.
jolly

dottiewarden

Lifer
Mar 25, 2014
Toronto
I've lived abroad for the better part of my life. While born and raised in the USA, I've spent quite a portion of my life elsewhere.
I'm excited for you and your loved ones. I'm sure you won't regret your decisión.
In just one week I'm moving back to my home country of Canada, sans family, after too many years living abroad.
I can relate to your desire to return to your homeland. Congratulations!

Status
Not open for further replies.