PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bulldogbriar89

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 3, 2014
Today the dairy manager at the store I work at told me we got in eggnog today, and I got really excited and as soon as i punches out of work I grabbed 2 cartons. I am now sitting home fire place going sipping on eggnog.

bulldogbriar89

Oct 3, 2014
I mixed mine with rum, nutmeg, cinnamon, and a drip of vanilla extract. Darf I just couldn't resist and be the 1st one to buy it.

buster

Lifer
Sep 1, 2011
I like my egg nog with Scotch, hold the egg nog. LOL my wife loves egg nog so I will be picking some up for her. She enjoys it in coffee.

bulldogbriar89

Oct 3, 2014
I grabbed it before it was even out on the sale floor haha. i have never tried it with anything other then rum though maybe I will have to try out something new.

buster thats a good Idea I will have to try a little in my coffee today.

ericthered

Jul 29, 2014
Suffolk, VA
The storebought stuff has it's place, but if you want (forgive the southern parlance) stand-up-and-slap-yo-mama egg nog, give this recipe Spoon-Up Egg Nog a whirl. Without alcohol it's like "drinking" egg nog flavored whipped cream. Adding a little rum/brandy/spirit-of-your-choice thins it substantially. Grate a bit of whole nutmeg over your cup and you are well on your way to egg nog heaven!
On a tenuously related note, some friends of mine while I was in college wanted to spike some storebought egg nog, but all they had on hand was beer. After laughing my ass off at them for their "beernog" abomination, I played along and tried a taste. It tasted a little bit like bubble gum.

bulldogbriar89

Oct 3, 2014
Eric I will definitely be trying out that recipe out. Ha ha ha that is a weird combo, but I know about those yesterday me and a friend mixed coconut cream seltzer Amaretto and chocolate syrup and it actually tasted good

leacha

Jun 19, 2013
Colorado
I like eggnog, but only after Thanksgiving, and through Christmas.

+1

What erks me is the insistent need to get the CHRISTmas stuff out as early as possible. We are not even done with Halloween and CHRISTmas stuff has been on display for weeks.

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
+1 bigjoe
Seriously, I grab some egg nog once it hits shelves. Had the pumpkin egg nog -which was delicious- but then I couldn't find the same one again and was disappointed with the other cartons that I tried. Luckily for me my daughter and I are the only ones in the house who really like the stuff. More for us.

sw0snuff3r

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 3, 2014
@ericthered has it right, the carton stuff is good but it is well worth the effort to make your own. I like it with dark rum, nutmeg, and cinnamon.

I, for one, am glad that Christmas keeps coming up earlier and earlier. I was just thinking about taking the lights down from last year, when they've come back in season again. Bah, who needs Halloween anyway. It's not even a real holiday. The banks don't even close for it, ha ha. Give me year round Christmas!! :puffy:

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
I think I may be the only person I know who doesn't actually like egg nog... :|

Status
Not open for further replies.