PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

barkar

Lifer
Apr 17, 2012
My beautiful Meer finally arrived today!! OMG its awesome.
meer-bent-egg.jpg

barkar

Lifer
Apr 17, 2012
OK fellows, I just smoked a full bowl of my favourite tobacco...Captain Black white in this new Meer....I have never tasted Captain Black like I just tasted it and I have been smoking the Captain for years!! First bowl through this pipe and it might be the best smoke I have ever had...hard to believe but true....I'm very pleased....looking forward to our group POKER pipes now.

guitarguy86

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 6, 2012
@barkar, makes me want to try out a meer. I also smoke Captain Black white, among others.

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
I am looking forward to the group pokers myself. Been awhile since I have tried my favorites in a fresh meer.

juni

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
Meers do make tobacco taste more "focused". Love the stem on that pipe.

zanthal

Lifer
Dec 3, 2011
Pleasanton, CA
I actually intend to get a meerschaum before I get a Peterson system pipe, for just this reason.
Meerschaum doesn't change the tobacco flavor like briar can, for several reasons I won't get into, but it doesn't surprise me that you had such a great smoke from it, barkar.
That particular one is quite shiny and well made, so congrats are definitely in order.
Without a hijack intended ... here's a pic of the one I'm bidding on right now:
vH1eL.jpg

radio807

Can't Leave
Nov 26, 2011
New Jersey
That is a beautiful pipe, for sure. I've been meaning to replace an El-Cheapo pressed meer that came apart on me a couple of years ago, but every time I decide to buy one I pull the trigger on another briar or cob. I should really do it next time.

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
Congrats Barkar! I agree that first smoke through a new meer is amazing. Enjoy the new pipe!

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
Zanthal I read where the meers that are made by pressing are not good quality pipes, where is storient when you need him, but I would, IMHO, stay away from a pressed meer the old cajun

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
From what I've read, no meer is a lot better than a bad meer. (true for briar as well!) I'd steer clear of any pressed pipe. Get a decent name, SMS, CAO, Yanik (the best?).

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
The desire for a meerschaum pipe is what got me into pipe smoking. I smoke it most of the time for the reason barkar described!

Status
Not open for further replies.