It's All About the Perique on 10/17/2013 Radio Show!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Our Featured Interview tonight is with Mark Ryan, and we will be talking about Perique Tobacco!
This is an extremely unique and popular tobacco that nearly became extinct in the early 2000s. Mark is the owner of one of the largest and most historied Perique processing facilities (and only 1 of 2) -L.A. Poche Perique Tobacco, Inc. This should be an extremely intriguing conversation.
old-building.jpg

docwatson

Lifer
Jul 2, 2009
New England
Definitely looking forward to hearing this broadcast. Great choice of guest speaker Mr. Mark Ryan, and a super photo of an important tobacco manufactory.

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
Really looking forward to this radio show.
Mark is coming to KC on Oct. 26th for a cigar and wine tasting at a local B&M. Hopefully us pipe guys will be able to corral him for a while.

mike73

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 20, 2013
Great show. Mark Ryan's interviews are always fun to listen to. Thank you so much for this!

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
Just a great episode. Mark's work with perique is just a great story.
Stephanie Quayle is the Erin Andrews of Country Music. Smokin' Hot.
Loved the rant. It has always amazed me the number of people who bail on the Sunday of a show.

edgreen

Lifer
Aug 28, 2013
It was a great show and I am so thankful that Mark and the company have come back so well. That's really uncommon down here. We're used to companies just throwing in the towel, taking the money and running. I also love Perique. With a small vegetable and herb garden I can tell you that anything grown in south LA has that same peppery bite. Unlike him, I also love Cajun Black. It's not the same, or a substitute, just another good tobacco with a nice flavor profile; sweet, peppery, and a little sour. Thanks again, and not just for this show but all of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.