PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

psychpipes

Can't Leave
Sep 4, 2013
Nature Coast of Florida
Some time ago I made a post about my wife being pregnant with our first kid. Yesterday we found out it is a boy! He's healthy and developing normally. Do me a favor gents, and raise a pipe to my future son!

oldreddog

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 4, 2014
I'll do that this evening as soon as I get home from work. All the best to the 3 of you!

psychpipes

Can't Leave
Sep 4, 2013
Nature Coast of Florida
@Booker Yes, we have a name. It is Asher Thomas Goodbred I. Thomas being a family name, and Asher being the name "Mom" and I agreed upon after months of baby name searches. I was originally going to name him after me (which would make him the third), but decided I preferred him to have his own identity.

Congratulations! You will hear this a million times, and it won't be till you blink your eyes and they're grown up, but savor every second. It truly seems like it was yesterday that I brought my girls home. Time will fly so fast, so nothing should be more important than time with that baby. So many of my friends worked completely through their children growing up, and then ::blink:: there are teens in their house that he doesn't even know.

psychpipes

Can't Leave
Sep 4, 2013
Nature Coast of Florida
@cosmicfolklore I think the biggest advantage I have is that I work in a school. That means I have the same work and vacation schedule as my son will have. I also have a lot of flexibility in schedule over the summer. My boss has allowed me to work a few weeks extra after the school year ends in order to have the full month of July off to help out with the new baby.

sidious

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 30, 2014
Congrats brother! As cosmic said enjoy those younger years. My kids are 7 and 8 and I already look back and feel like those baby years flew by too quickly.

tarheel1

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 16, 2014
You should buy a tin of Va tobacco or something else that will age well and put it away for `8 years and smoke it on his 18th birthday with him.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
That's exciting new. Congrats to your entire family. As cosmic mentioned, the years fly by so quickly. One day you're tying his shoes and the next you'll be teaching him how to drive. Enjoy it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.