PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Insomnia is a scourge! I've been chain pipe smoking... one bowl with continuous filling. I've tried every solution, OTC supplements to hypnotic meds to barbiturates and tranquilizers. Anybody know where I can score some elephant tranquilizer? Quick, someone dart me!

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
It's going pretty good. It's been coasting for the most part. Haven't made an adittions or really put any work into it as of late. Thanks for asking! It's a good thing since I'm about to have surgery. My mated clowns keep cranking out eggs, but no babies.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
It's a Carpet Anemone which the clownfish share a symbiotic relationship with. They take care of it, clean it, feed it.... It's why I love saltwater fish and not fresh :)

beezer

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 12, 2013
I also struggle with insomnia. It doesn't rear its ugly head everyday, but when it does it messes me up for days at a time. I found if I'm working a big project at work I can't get my mind to shut off.
It sucks. And I feel for you fellas. Hope you can manage to get some rest later.

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
I have been up since 3:30. I have an excuse. My wife is having surgery tomorrow and I am worried.
My normal response is insomnia is a four letter word. Yes, lack of sleep affects my spelling.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
I hear you Winton! Fear of my own upcoming surgery on the 20th has me stressed/concerned as well. I hope your wife's goes okay! Surgery is ALWAYS a massive bummer and is never good for sleep... well except for the propofol of course ;)

bigpond

Lifer
Oct 14, 2014
Lifelong insomniac here. I stumbled across the following and it has helped:
Warnings:

1) it's a little weird

2) you MUST suspend disbelief

3) chill out

4) earbuds

5)suspend disbelief
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHrKd8ElaVdk7OBQAgx8JrQ

prairiedruid

Lifer
Jun 30, 2015
Must be the season for surgery, I go in tomorrow to get my hernia fixed. By Friday I'll look 20 years younger and 100 pounds lighter. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
Well Nate, it's time I introduce you to self-hypnosis. Go on Amazon, order Leslie M Lecron's Self-Hypnosis: The technique and its Use in Daily Living. You can get a copy for a penny. Hell you can get some of the same techniques on YouTube if you want. Anyway, I recommend the book so you will understand exactly what it is you are doing. This will squash insomnia once and for all. Plus you may start to inquire about your pass life.
In my next lesson, I will be discussing how Hypnosis and Magick have been eternal lovers and why many Ceremonial Magicians have denied this for over a 100 years. You never knew how big your mind was.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
I spent a SOLID few years exploring the mind, under the influence of LSD and other psychedelics. This chapter was immediately followed by a couple years of "processing" and inpatient rehab and therapy followed by five years of court ordered therapy. You're unlikely to ever meet anyone who's spent as much time and energy in the journey of self discovery. I've learned that there is such a thing as too much self discovery. I'm sick of myself and were there a way to escape myself I would.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Don't hurt yourself with self-meds. A family member of mine dealt with severe insomnia by writing a novel, a memoir, then more novels, which she published with small publishers then with Viking. But most of us can't do that well with insomnia. If you can do something, even jigsaw puzzles, that might let natural sleep chemicals take over. It ain't easy, no easy answers. And everyone's different, and at different times.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
My days of self medicating are long since gone. Everything now is medicated by professionals. I've even been in a few sleep studies... tedious awful things.

briarcudgel

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 6, 2016
Good luck to all of you facing surgery. May everything go well and it restore you to health.
I get insomnia on occasion and find it most irritating. Mindfulness/biofeedback therapy can help.

Status
Not open for further replies.