Italian pipe maker "Fratelli Quattrociocchi"?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

webbb01

Lurker
Oct 24, 2012
St. Paul, MN
I'm looking at a pipe on the internet, a very nice hand made by "Fratelli Quattrociocchi" (Brothers Quattrociocchi). Does anyone have any experience with these hand made pipes, or know anything about the maker(s)? Not much about them on the internet except that they are located in Centola, which is south of Napoli and Salerno, Italy.

webbb01

Lurker
Oct 24, 2012
St. Paul, MN
I decided to pull the trigger and purchase the pipe. I have to wait until tomorrow before it arrives due to the MLK holiday. I'm still interested in hearing about anyone's experience with this pipe maker. Here are some pictures of the pipe (photos courtesy of BardsVintageBriar):
il_570xN.401594233_4ems.jpg

il_570xN.401594339_b35e.jpg

bigvan

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
I've never heard of them before, but it looks like a nice pipe. The stem appears to be premolded (not hand cut); I could be wrong though.
Did you get a good price?

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
I've never heard of the brand, but that doesn't surprise me -- and I wouldn't let that be a deterrent. After all, we have dozens of artisan pipemakers in the States, some of whom are part-timers who only produce a handful of pipes each year. It would actually surprise me if the situation weren't the same in other countries. This brand may be the output of one of those artisans.
Bob

hans

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 3, 2012
You can use google translate to get an idea of what almost any foreign language site says.
Try this out.

http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A//www.fratelliquattrociocchi.it/index.htm

4dotsasieni

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 6, 2013
Interesting: "quattrociocci" means "four logs." Maybe that's what they make their pipes from??? :laughat:

hans

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 3, 2012
this looks a lot like a Greek pipe i have by "Amadeus".

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
Quattrociocchi egg:

eaf0a112.jpg

I purchased this in 2007, and mainly for Balkan style blends. It was quite blonde when I got it, but has darkened some with use. It is a solid pipe, doesn't gurgle, and is typically Italian lol, largish with a acrylic black stem. Mine was well worth the price.

Status
Not open for further replies.