PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

kashmir

Lifer
May 17, 2011
Northern New Jersey
I so rarely buy a new pipe that I surprised myself silly last night. I was looking at not one, but two Italian Radice Canadians, both estates, each six inches long, oval stem, 55g each, in the Rind or rusticated finish (similar to Tibsky's Coral finish), with smooth rims. A Buy it Now option from the personal collection of a noted pipe carver. For ... get this ... only $150! I couldn't walk away. Now one of them does have a very small shank crack, but the sterling silver band repair job is very well done. And I can add a touch or two if needed. A few email exchanges to determine what was smoked in them prior. Only VAs and I was set to go. I only have two Canadians, both Comoys, in my herd of 65, and I really like the shape. Never understood why I didn't have more. Anyhoo, the two pipes arrive this Friday. And I'm tickled pink. Forgot how it feels to scratch the PAD itch, its been so long. I'll post pics when they come in.

kashmir

Lifer
May 17, 2011
Northern New Jersey
Thanks Roth. Sometimes with shank cracks, the repairman will simply band it with silver. If its good work, it'll be tight. So the crack is sealed. If not, under a loop, using a toothpick, I'll apply a fraction of a drop of superglue, to fill the fissure. But this one appears solid. Looking forward to these two.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Kashmir, what a great deal. Two Radice's for that kind of coin would be hard to pass up. I am sure they will both smoke great for you, congrats.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Love my Canadian. I only have one, but it has a good big bowl and nice grain, despite being a

working man brand. I think the long shank and stem cool the smoke somewhat like a churchwarden,

and the big bowl makes for a long, serene smoke. It's a great shape.

Status
Not open for further replies.