PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
Had my quarterly perfusion today of steroids injected into my right ear canal via my ear drum. Only smoked 3 pipes today, Louisiana Flake in the Ozgur Meerscaum bowled Falcon and also in the Vauen Sepion, this is excellent tobacco with 5 yrs of age to it. The last smoke was cube cut VA in the MM Diplomat with plum Forever Stem. Was lying here getting ready to get some sleep when the pipe Gods told me there was a very special Savinelli out there with a gold band and horn stem, you know, they were right so I hit come to papa!
98815a4f52eb2ad3afa7ebd0381be98ed1f8326.jpg

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Fish, great looking pipe, congrats on the latest addition to your collection. Sorry to hear you had to have that injeection, does not sound like much fun.

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
Nice billiard. I researched the reason for your injections, wow. Did not know that was a way to help. My interest comes from previous ear problems, not serious, just tinnitus.

gphenry

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 5, 2014
I was looking at this one too. It looks great. I hope it is a good smoker for you. Enjoy!

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
I think all the horn stems are bovine at least the ones I have appear so. I love the mouth feel of horn, I'm fortunate to own one by Paulo Becker, a Dunhill Shell with original horn stem, a Trever Talbert Ligne Bretagne with original horn stem and now this Savinelli.

banjo

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
Banjo
That is a beauty, and I really like the grain.
I've not had the opportunity to try a horn stem. Does it feel more like acrylic or vulcanite?

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
It feels like vulcanite to me as do all briar stems as well but those feel like the rubber stems from the teens and twenties. I like all kinds of material for stems since I hang my pipe rather than clench it so a balanced pipe with a good button is always a plus and I tend to lean toward fish tail style or at least wide stems.

banjo

Status
Not open for further replies.