PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

uberam3rica

Lifer
Sep 7, 2011
Capac, Michigan
Because ofschool I missed work for around 6 weeks. Then when I came back I wasnt on the schedule till now, even though I told them I could work as soon as I got back. So I've been off work since November 28th. I'm not complaining though, I'm rather happy since now I'lll have baccy funds. It was a nice break, but I'm glad I'm gonna start making money again

uberam3rica

Lifer
Sep 7, 2011
Capac, Michigan
Well it was a 2 month hit for good reason. I was at school doing an evaluation. What I dont get is why it took them so long to get me back on the schedule. I understand the first week they didnt schedule me. They probably had the schedule done before I called them. But I don't get last week. They knew I was back when they made that schedule.

smokindawg

Can't Leave
May 25, 2011
Probably lucky they put you back on at all. Holding out an extra week was their way of showing you who signs the checks.
Glad your back to work and will be making a buck again.
With my job, I make good scratch when I work, but at times have gone 2-3 months with no work. So I know how you feel.

uberam3rica

Lifer
Sep 7, 2011
Capac, Michigan
Probably lucky they put you back on at all

I guess so.They knew I was leaving for school. I work at McDonalds. its one of the few places to work in my town. The majority of employees there are high schoolers and college students
slow down during the winter

McDonalds slows down in the winter too, at least the one I work at does. People get sent home early all the time

jchaplick

Lifer
May 8, 2011
Always the worst, I worked at a pizza joint before goin to school. nothin is worse than getting your hours cut

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
From someone in the quick-service industry, that makes me proud. All fast-food places should accomodate students schedules and special needs. I was always nearly as proud as the student, when they returned and said they got a good grade, passed the class, etc. I think that has to be our role with student associates. I hope you did well on the evaluation, you'll get plenty of opportunity to earn money/make a living when you graduate. Study and smoke well!

hnryclay

Can't Leave
Jan 9, 2012
We would have a lot less students unless we cooperated with their schedules (and offer college tuition reimbursement).

This is true where I work we offer $5500.00 a year to reimburse students who take courses that align with our business needs. As of date no one that works for me has tried to take advantage of this program, a real shame. The only requirements are that the course of study will fit our business model, and that you complete the courses with a 2.5 or above grade point average.

aussielass

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 18, 2011
This is true where I work we offer $5500.00 a year to reimburse students who take courses that align with our business needs. As of date no one that works for me has tried to take advantage of this program, a real shame.

Absolutely no surprises there with the attitude of many of today's youth.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
We have less than I would have suspected. A few gems of course. I just spoke to the mom of an associate who completed two years of junior college in one, and now is going to Maryland in the Fall. I recommended that one to a local store, and my hunch was right, a terrific kid and employee. Our requirements are pretty loose, any college credited course and the associate has to maintain a 15 hour per week average over the year. One of my now, good friend and former associate worked his way thru an MBA at Mount Saint Mary's in MD, but that guy probably averaged 35 hrs plus for six years.

pipedisciple

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 18, 2011
Might want to ask, alot of companies offer assistance, but you won't know if you don't ask. :puffy:

kamikazesasquatch

Can't Leave
Sep 30, 2011
where I work we offer $5500.00 a year to reimburse students who take courses that align with our business needs

That's amazing. I've never worked anywhere that offered more than $1500 per year for anyone but upper management. It's better than a kick in the teeth but it barely covers 1 course at most schools. It would cover 2 at the online school I'm doing. Not much of an incentive to get started if you aren't already going. But $5500 would be amazing.

hnryclay

Can't Leave
Jan 9, 2012
I am hiring for two positions, but it is not for everyone, and I would rather not violate EEO laws unknowingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.