PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
So I had been wanting a Comoy's Pebble Grain for a couple years now, but could never justify the price. And the other day I noticed my leather tobacco pouch that my mother-in-law got me for my birthday started to crack.
Today I was browsing the different C&D tobacco's on SP.com and noticed their special going. Buy any new Comoy's pipe, get a leather pouch for free! So of course I put the Pebble Grain in my cart immediately.
And then noticed they have the 15 percent off all C&D tobacco's, so I put a couple tins of their Burley Flake #2 in my cart to join my new pipe. I've never tried that one before, but again have always wanted to. My favorite blends are strictly Burley and or darkfired/Virginia so most of the other Burley flakes by them don't appeal to me.
3 things I needed/wanted all in the same place at the same time. Perfect.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
Ya, it's amazing what retailers can do with all the data available on the internet.

Seems like I just think briefly about something and the next thing I know, I'm seeing targeted ads for something on the subject.

I say this only half in jest.

Glad for you to have had such serendipitous confluence of desirable goodies! Enjoy!

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Yeah, I need a new pipe nail, so I'll go online and buy one. Might as well pick up some tobacco too, so I get free shipping.
:lol: Who are you kidding, Kevin? We've all been there. Enjoy the pipe!

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
The Comoy pebble is my #1 favorite of their lines (pre-Cadogan, of course, snob that I am, which means I'm limited to estates). The feel & color of them just seems to be top of the top for me. Glad you got your winner!
B

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
Yes I'm super excited to get the pipe. I'm in the process of seriously thinking out my herd...by buying more pipes. Sounds strange, but I'm narrowing it down to about 6 within the next couple weeks. I still have 8 estates that I don't smoke. All cheap crap I don't want cluttering my room. Either throw em away, or try to sell them cheap, or donate. All to make room for the perfect few. I believe the Pebble Grain will be one of the pipes I keep with me till the end.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
And it arrived!
Boy it smokes with ease, and just hangs without effort!
IMG-20190507-124614.jpg

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Sometimes all the stars align and I that’s when you know the universe is telling you to spend your money. Sounds like a smokin’ deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.