PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
This isn't a joke. It is so hot in Raleigh, N.C., a squirrel was splayed out on the cement of the front porch to get cool. At first I wondered if it was ill or deceased, but when I rapped gently on the storm door, it got up and hopped away, but not too fast. I've seen other squirrels doing this lately, just trying to lose some of their body heat. These are Southern squirrels used to what this climate used to be. I've been tracking around doing errands this p.m., but remembering to move at a moderate pace and keep drinking water. It is supposed to cool down Monday and Tuesday by a few degrees. We're at three digits, with the heat index around 107. Hot for some places, not for others, but definitely for this part of the Southland.

mcitinner1

Lifer
Apr 5, 2014
Missouri
My digital thermometer reads 102 right now...the sensor is on the shady side of the house. This is the last day of an awful week of high temps in the St Louis area. I'm 30 miles west of any suburban heat build up.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Visited New York City in a heat wave in the 1990's. Just soaked through our clothes. We went to a play partly to get air conditioning, and the a.c. went out! The actors (woman in Three Tall Women by Edward Albee) decided the show must go on, and they too were soaked. No one keeled with heat prostration, but that was just a lucky chance. Heat radiates off the buildings and is stored in the street pavement too. Another time touring New England we hit a heat wave, and no one had air conditioning because ordinarily they don't need it. Just be careful. Don't exert too much. Stay where it is cool if you can. Be safe.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
We're catching a break with upper to lower 80's. August and September are usually the hottest months of the year, though in the past few years we've been getting 100˚ + days in October and as early as April.

tozert

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 26, 2017
Cornwall
Mid 60's in Cornwall during the day, 50 at night. Thought about lighting a fire, but a fire in late July just seems so ridiculous!

yohanan

Lifer
Oct 1, 2011
Old Belt/U.S.A.
th

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
"It's so hot here, I gave my dog the wheel so I could stick MY head out the window!"
-Random comedian whose name I don't recall
jay-roger.jpg

Oct 7, 2016
Went to the pool to get my exercise in, routine for me takes about an hour, stayed three hours. Heat index well over a hundred.

Status
Not open for further replies.