PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dj11

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 12, 2013
Well, it finally happened last night... I pulled into the driveway and gathered up all the things in the car that needed to come inside with me; coffee mug, i-phone, tobacco tins, lighter and, of course my pipe. Guess which one I dropped? You guessed right... and it was my MOST expensive pipe in my newly started collection of 12. I told my wife about it and she said, "it will just add character to your pipe." Not sure I agree and I didn't have the heart to tell her it was one of my more expensive purchases.

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
...I didn't have the heart to tell her it was one of my more expensive purchases.
Or maybe the cojones to tell her. :wink:
Just how bad is the damage? I hate the thought of dropping one of my meerschaums (or any pipe for that matter), but I would never take/smoke a meerschaum outside anyway.

Jan 8, 2013
I dropped and broke one a few weeks back, it was, fortunately, not an expensive pipe. But I can imagine how I would have felt if it had been. How bad is it?

onepyrotec

Lifer
Feb 20, 2013
Nevada
Don't worry about telling the price to your wife, she has purses & shoes she paid more for and never told you about :nana:
On a serious side we feel the pain. If you want it looking like new again, I'd send it to a professional repair person instead of trying to mend it yourself.

dj11

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 12, 2013
Thanks for the concern guys... the pipe is not broken, thankfully, but is nicked up pretty good. Still able to use just not as good looking as it once was... but then who is after wear and tear?

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
Give the OP a break here. He had an expensive pipe and was starting out his collection and had an unfortunate accident as in... shit happens. Brand/shape, smooth/sandblast, etc., what real difference does it make when all is said and done. It's one of those things that no one else will ever notice, much less care about, except the owner. As years go by he will simply look back upon that unfortunate day, the pipe will more likely than not be a great smoker and he'll fondly look back upon its unfortunate battle scar. ;)

judd

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 3, 2014
It's like getting a door ding on your brand new Corvette shortly after you buy it. Ouch, that really hurts!

Status
Not open for further replies.