PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rob71

Lurker
Oct 20, 2012
I have been smoking a pipe on and off, and lurking on this site, for a couple of eyes with varied levels of success. Tonight, everything fell into place. I opened a tin os Escudo I have had for awhile. I pulled out two coins and let them sit for about an hour. I packed them by folding and stuffing into my Peterson Aran and had the best smoke to date. I smokes the entire bowl without a relight for the first time ever. I barely had to think about what I was doing, was able to completely relax, and thoroughly enjoyed every minute. It took any attempts but I think I have finally figured something out.
Thanks to all of you for the advice I have gathered from reading your posts.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Great first post! Escudo is the perfect tobacco in my book, there are lots of good ones of course, but it always smokes well, tastes great and is affordable, welcome to the forum.

rob71

Lurker
Oct 20, 2012
I apologize for all of the typos. Just re-read my post and am mortified. Just goes to show what happens when typing on an iPhone and not proof reading.

gregprince

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 29, 2014
Congratulations and welcome aboard. Great tobacco choice, a very long time favorite for me as well. By the way, I have the same issues on my tablet.

wilson

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 17, 2013
Welcome to the forums and congrats on that first "perfect" smoke. Escudo is great stuff.

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
Welcome aboard rob.
Funny you should say that. My first AWESOME pipe smoking experience was Escudo in a Pete. That smoke was so good that I only smoke Escudo out of that pipe any more :)
Glad you are here and are finding your way. You will have many more experiences like this one with different pipes and tobaccos, just be patient.

grouchydog

Can't Leave
Oct 16, 2013
Welcome Rob! I'm still waiting for that moment - waiting, but not worrying.
How did you fold & stuff? I still haven't smoked any coins, I'm not sure how to go about stuffing them.

rolldog

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 4, 2013
Welcome sir and I agree with you on Escudo. I have tried other VaPers in the past with limited success, but this is the best in that category I have found so far. Glad your Pete finally matched with a tobacco for you, it is a little bit of magic we all work for.

oldredbeard

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 20, 2012
Now that is what pipe smoking is all about...congrats and may you have many more like it! [:puffy:]
That's right. The ones you don't have to worry with are the best smokes you'll ever have. Congrats sir, and hope you have many, many more.

12pups

Lifer
Feb 9, 2014
Minnesota
Good job, Rob. Yes, those are the moments I'm looking for when I sit to light a pipe. Relaxed. Easy. Perfect. Everything falling into place.
Can't always have them, but when you do, be sure to post about the good ones and how it came together as a remarkable piping experience.

hedgehog

Might Stick Around
Sep 25, 2013
Victory! Congratulations for hanging in there. Escudo, I find, is always worth the wait. And welcome! D

Status
Not open for further replies.