It finally arrived! Starts with a "P" ends with an "e" :-)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

hfearly

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 11, 2012
Canada
Took me about 6 months to get my hands on this precious!
penzq.jpg

Look at that pure deliciousness!
penz2.jpg

Can't believe that it's all covered in white crystals and smells like heaven! Tonight I'm gonna treat myself to a dram of Lapphroaig Quarter Cask and a bowl of this wonderful mottled flake in the newly restored Barling!

dpkrause

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 3, 2012
I always curious about Penzance. After seeing these pics, I think I really need to get my hands on some in the not too distant future... if I can.

hfearly

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 11, 2012
Canada
Six pounds!!! O_O

If I walked into a tobacco cellar with six pounds of Penz, I'd think I died and woke up in heaven ...

neverknowsbest

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 18, 2013
I always curious about Penzance. After seeing these pics, I think I really need to get my hands on some in the not too distant future... if I can.
It's really not all that great. Middling at best.
Though, if you do happen to come across some, I would be willing to do you the favor of taking it off your hands...

instymp

Lifer
Jul 30, 2012
Haven't smoked the baccy, but love the scotch, so I guess you are in heaven & smiling like a opossum eating sh&%.

nsfisher

Lifer
Nov 26, 2011
Nova Scotia, Canada
Lol, Mine will last forever. I have 7 bags and I smoke about a bowl every week or so. I like it mixed with CH and it is just a nice relaxing smoke. Wife hates the smell of it, worse than any other baccy but for that "Once in a while" smoke, I find it great.

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
6 months??? Is it that rare??? I have never smoked flake and plan on doing so soon. I take it this is the cats meow.

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
yazamitaz:
Penzance and its Esoterica brother Stonehaven are two of the most difficult tobaccos to find in stock these days. It was recently in stock with several online retailers and sold out within a few days. (When Stonehaven was "in stock" recently, it sold out within minutes.)
As for whether or not it's the cat's meow. . . Well, for me, it is. It's the only specific blend to which I've dedicated a range of pipes, and I almost always have an open tin going. (Which, five years ago, was easy. Penzance was everywhere. You couldn't walk into a tobacco shop without having a tin fall off a shelf and hit you on the head. Shops are safer now, yes. . . but, alas, at what price?)
I find it to be a very mellow flake -- and a very soft, easily crumbled flake as well -- with a blend of orientals, Virginias, latakia, and cavendish unlike any other blend I've ever tried. (To be fair, though, it is *extremely* close to Germain's Special Latakia Flake, which is out of stock as often as Penzance is.) It's my "Arcadia" blend.
Bob

kenoshakid

Might Stick Around
Feb 27, 2013
Congrats, hfearly! After scouring the web to no avail, last week I scored 4 oz. from my local B&M. This is one of my favorites for sure, along with Fillmore and Chelsea Morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.