PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
It's something waiting to be reborn in a new and useful form. This started life as a godawful piece of tourist junk from Mexico. A copper mug with a brass handle and an ugly medallion of the front featuring "Aztecs" . A butane torch can be a beautiful thing. Removed the excess crap. Formed up a lid and soldered in a lip on said lid to keep it on and then did some polishing. Next I coat the inside with envirotec and make a gasket of the lid. There ya have a nice copper humidor for a cost of around two bucks,

100_1300cp1-453x600.jpg

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
Just have no fear of failure. If something comes out a bit different than planned I call it a running design change.

:D

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
A Real Renaissance Man...
Not that he actually is from the Renaissance.... (Hmmmmm maybe....)
But, by resurrecting things from the past to inspire the future.

He makes the world a better place.

Well done Arthur!

:clap:

:puffy:

kennerth

Can't Leave
Jul 30, 2011
I agree with your "No fear of failure" philospphy. As with many things in life, just by trying, you are automatically in the 99th percentile! Great work! If you left it outside for the winter, I'll bet it would go for over $100 in any antique shop!

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
When Dad's family got together someone always mentioned a new tool. The question asked was not where did you buy it. It was how did you make it. Pays to grow up around that kind of thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.