Tags:  No tags yet. 

ISO: LJ Peretti Scottish flake - can trade McClelland or others 12/2/2018

(16 posts)
  • Started 7 months ago by witchofthehollow
  • Latest reply from witchofthehollow
  1. witchofthehollow

witchofthehollow

Login to Send PM

Hi fellas, ive just nearly finished up a 1oz sample of Peretti Scottish flake and while I have a little bit left, I would love to have some more. I understand this contained some McClelland leafs so I am prepared to trade McClelland for it. An 8oz tin would be fantastic, but id welcome a couple 2oz tins also. I can purchase, or trade equal ounces:

Sealed
    McClelland 40th Anniversary 2018
    McClelland Blackwoods flake 2017
    McClelland Christmas Cheer 2017
    MCclelland Boston 1776

I also have available 8oz bags of Esoterica as that seems to hold some value, Dunbar, And so to Bed, Cardiff, Dorchester, . Or PM me what would work.

Thank you and Happy Holidays

ps - I got some strange messages last time asking to buy my trades, sorry Im not really interested in selling.

Posted 7 months ago #
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

marc75

Login to Send PM

I believe the lj peretyi house blends were only sold be weigh. I don't think they were tinned.

Posted 7 months ago #
  3. aquadoc

aquadoc

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I thought they came in paint cans.

"If you resolve to give up smoking, drinking and sex, you don't actually live longer; it just seems that way."
    Posted 7 months ago #
  4. witchofthehollow

witchofthehollow

Login to Send PM

Thanks aquadoc, yes my sample came straight from one of their yellow paint can tins

Posted 7 months ago #
  5. milehighpiper

milehighpiper

Login to Send PM

I was recently at the Peretti store and do not recall them having this blend in stock. Is it still being produced?

Posted 7 months ago #
  6. milehighpiper

milehighpiper

Login to Send PM

Also, do you know what the McClelland blend was called? Going to drive to several stores this weekend to see what McClelland blends I can find hidden away. Kind of like a treasure hunt!

Posted 7 months ago #
  7. stbruno70

stbruno70

Login to Send PM

The Scottish Flake is out of production, as it was based on a McClelland tobacco and then treated further according to Peretti's recipe. I believe it was soaked in red wine at some stage. It is very dark and strong and I hoard the ones I still have left.

You can buy their tobaccos loose or ask them to pack it in an 8 oz or 16 oz "paint can". You can even ask them to blend a unique mixture according to your specifications and pack it in a can with your name on it.

Like their blends, their paint cans are classic. I remember seeing one in a man's office in a bank in New York City some 40 years ago. He would pop the lid of the can on his desk, dip his empty pipe inside the can, and light up. The scent was delicious and nobody minded in those days.

Much as I love the paint cans, I do not use them for long-term storage. I repackage the contents in glass jars while keeping a small sample in a jar inside the can as a memento. Over time I have built up a collection of my favourite Perettis.

Many of their blends are traditional and old fashioned, and are probably the best living example of changing tastes in American pipe tobacco since the 19th century. Very fine stuff.

Anyone fortunate enough to have tasted Scottish Flake has experienced a piece of history now gone.

Mason,Vice President
    Golden Gate Pipe Club
    Posted 7 months ago #
  8. jravenwood

jravenwood

Login to Send PM

St Bruno you almost owe her a tin after that post haha, it sounds like some good leaf

"It is quite a three pipe problem..."
    Posted 7 months ago #
  9. dethmutt

dethmutt

Login to Send PM

Gimme a #metoo!! HAHAHHAAHHA

Posted 7 months ago #
  10. witchofthehollow

witchofthehollow

Login to Send PM

The Scottish Flake is out of production, as it was based on a McClelland tobacco and then treated further according to Peretti's recipe. I believe it was soaked in red wine at some stage. It is very dark and strong and I hoard the ones I still have left.

You can buy their tobaccos loose or ask them to pack it in an 8 oz or 16 oz "paint can". You can even ask them to blend a unique mixture according to your specifications and pack it in a can with your name on it.

Like their blends, their paint cans are classic. I remember seeing one in a man's office in a bank in New York City some 40 years ago. He would pop the lid of the can on his desk, dip his empty pipe inside the can, and light up. The scent was delicious and nobody minded in those days.

Much as I love the paint cans, I do not use them for long-term storage. I repackage the contents in glass jars while keeping a small sample in a jar inside the can as a memento. Over time I have built up a collection of my favourite Perettis.

Many of their blends are traditional and old fashioned, and are probably the best living example of changing tastes in American pipe tobacco since the 19th century. Very fine stuff.

Anyone fortunate enough to have tasted Scottish Flake has experienced a piece of history now gone.

Well this may have put the kaibash on anyone trading me a tin of Scottish Flake ha ha.

Ill up the ante - I also have for trade in sealed tins:

1983 McCranies Red Flake
    1999 McClelland Dark star
    Frog Morton Across the Pond
    2013 McClelland Black woods flake

Not looking to sell these and would like to trade with long term members here. Thank you fellas

Posted 7 months ago #
  11. User has not uploaded an avatar

greenmtnsmoke

Login to Send PM

Yes they do tin as I have an 8oz tin of London flake from 1997.

Posted 4 months ago #
  12. witchofthehollow

witchofthehollow

Login to Send PM

What an odd coincidence; pipestud sold an 8oz tin of London flake from 1997 this morning. I preferred McClelland #2015 over the London. wonder how well it stayed sealed after all this time ...

Posted 4 months ago #
  13. witchofthehollow

witchofthehollow

Login to Send PM

Since green mountain bumped this I may as well add I’m still looking ! Thanks boys !

Posted 4 months ago #
  14. dandi92

dandi92

Login to Send PM

The Tin Peretti Keep very well, I was lucky enough to smoke the Scottish aged 10 years but in glass jar! Different age in tin because there is little air and of course the tobacco fermented but much more slowly, it swells and it would be ready! In The jars you are safer and maybe every 3-4 years change the gasket and the air and begins to grow old.

Posted 4 months ago #
  15. User has not uploaded an avatar

greenmtnsmoke

Login to Send PM

Very good observation. Just one of way too many I have purchased from Steve. Will open when I'm out of 2015. It sounds and feels like a moist ball when I shake the can.

Posted 4 months ago #
  16. witchofthehollow

witchofthehollow

Login to Send PM

Fingers still crossed.

Posted 4 months ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   alaskanpiper, georged, 3rdguy, pepesdad1, olkofri, nhhiggy, tobacconut, ashdigger, hugodrax, pitchfork