PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluto

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 24, 2018
Just wondering , because when you go back to a thread you are following , need to scroll all the way down to find the recent posts.
What if new posts appeared on top ?

Dec 24, 2012
click on the rights side that shows how long ago a post was made - that will bring you to the last post so you don't have to scroll through the entire thread again.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
Warming up before pipe club with Newminster Round Slices in my Non-Barling Barling. Gonna have my first slow smoke tonight, too.
jay-roger.jpg

bluto

Aug 24, 2018
Seems to be default , last posts appear on top on some discussion boards .
C’est la vie .

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
Not backwards: it's the default. When forums started that was the way of it: newest at the bottom. It's a logical way of displaying it. I 'grew up with it' and thus I get annoyed when the latest posts are atop: I promptly change the preferences to 'newest at bottom'.
I know, it might seem tedious to scroll down, but you don't have to: just hit the End key and then scroll up a bit, or use PgUp.

bluto

Aug 24, 2018
Oh either way is fine . Thanks to peckenpah for helping me to navigate easily .
Its like the gas cap on your car when you pull up to the pumps at a gas station. Is it on the left or right ..
Look at the little pump symbol next to your gas gauge , there is an arrow pointing left or right .

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
Not sure how my last post got in this thread. I thought I was posting to the "What are you smoking?" thread from a Kindle... :crazy:
jay-roger.jpg

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
I always just click on the "last post" at the top of the discussion. Click right? Right where?

The problem when people can only see the most recent post first is that they will disregard all of the other posts. They may see a question as the title, and the last post is made in humor, but the next posters respond one way... It is just better if people read all of the posts before responding. Even now, most of the confusion and aggravation is from people just skipping over most of the posts, and responding in the middle of a dialog.

Status
Not open for further replies.