PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

theediabeticman

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 5, 2014
In my 4+ years of smoking tobacco I have been lucky/blessed/whatever enough to be able to have all of my favorite blends be readily available, or at least I have what I like cellared.

UNTIL NOW

I only have two tubs of Sugar Barrel left....and those are dwindling quickly

I also have recently fallen in LOVE LOVE LOVE with John Sinclairs Highland Sliced which is only available in Europe OR priced at such a rate that i'd have to get a second job....
Anyone have tips or has anyone ever successfully "resurrected a blend" or convinced a European company to send a blend this way??
Please enlighten a diabetic

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Jiminks almost singlehandedly rescued Edward G. Robinson at Sutliff by enlisting the members here to contact Sutliff. SB has its fans so start a campaign by writing to Middleton and get the folks here on board. It's a worthy cause if you really like it.

philobeddoe

Lifer
Oct 31, 2011
East Indiana
Only Balkan Sobranie has ever been brought back from the dead so to speak, as far as I know. However, Balkan Sobranie is without a doubt the one of the most beloved and missed blends in all of pipe smoking history!

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Also consider the story of Lane's Crown Achievement. If you search you can find links to the story here. I sent Leonard W. a sample of CA last year because he was considering bringing back this hallowed blend. Many others contributed to the effort but Len made it happen based on feedback from pipe smokers here and on other forums.

It can be done but may take considerable work. It's as cool a project as a piper can undertake.

May 31, 2012
I feel your pain.

:crying:
I've yet to try Highland Sliced, although I am interested innit 'cause stuff like that is right up my alley, however, at $13 per 25g it just kills me...

https://mrsnuff.com/product_info.php?products_id=2718
Murray's Warrior Plug is probably my fave, and it pains me to pay $90 per 250g, but I love it too much to live without it...
...likewise Condor and St. Bruno,

there ain't nuthin' else remotely close to 'em.
One of the big reasons we don't get 'em here is the big Tobacco Master Settlement Agreement way back when which caused the Brits to pull their product instead of pay the outrageous extortion fees/fines --- and now most of 'em are made in Denmark by Orlik/STG but the trademarks are tied up with Imperial so who knows????
However,

recently Russ O. hinted at some good news to come and it seems they're working pretty hard to get some previously unavailable stuff over to these shores...

http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/any-interest-in-getting-bulwark-flake-distributed-in-the-us

...so maybe they might actually become available.
If they do, and at normal prices, I'll buy abuncha pouches out the yinyang because all that stuff is good,

I can only hope it does happen!

:P

Status
Not open for further replies.