Is There a Name for This Ivory Smoking Pipe?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hanzilavoka

Lurker
Feb 16, 2018
Does anyone know about this ivory smoking pipe?
MG_5926.jpg
[/url][/img]
Is there a name for this Ivory smoking pipe? How much it cost in the market now? Any expert?
Edited by jvnshr: Title capitalization (please check Rule #9)

sumusfumus

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 20, 2017
New York City
Are you sure it's a pipe, or not a fancy cigarette holder of some sort? An ivory tusk would probably burn and crack from heat, and most certainly would stink when burned by the hot tobacco.
I'm probably wrong, and curious to read the answers.
Frank

NYC
Did a quick search. If there is a brass tip in the fat end....I think it might be for resins/hash etc?

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
That's what I was thinking, too, but I didn't want the Internet Avenger to come ridin' for my scalp again.

irishearl

Lifer
Aug 2, 2016
Kansas
Yeah, it's a cigarette holder. I have a number of old things my great uncle accumulated in the first quarter of the 20th century including 1 just like that. Also, have his kirasu and metal box from the Phillipines where he had a plantation following WWI which appeared to have held opium judging from the white residue. :lol:

btp79

Can't Leave
Jan 27, 2018
Sugar Land, TX
I think it's called a "personal massage device" That hollow part in the end is for batteries not tobacco. I'd probably avoid putting it in your mouth :wink:

akfilm

Can't Leave
Mar 2, 2016
As others have said, looks like a cigarette holder. I've paid $40 bucks for a nice meerschaum one, If this is actually ivory,(hard to tell by this photo), I'd pay upwards of $75 for walrus and mammoth more if it was something more rare.
An ivory tusk would probably burn and crack from heat, and most certainly would stink when burned by the hot tobacco.
I have a hard time burning ivory with a blowtorch right on it, doesn't burn easy. There is someone with a beautiful ivory straight pipe in the smoke club here.

sumusfumus

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 20, 2017
New York City
WHAT!!! I feel like a dope....and it's not the first time either.
So really...cigarette holder, hash pipe, sex aid...what is it? :)))
Frank

NYC

irishearl

Lifer
Aug 2, 2016
Kansas
Frank-it's a cigarette holder. My mother used to occasionally use the 1 I've got to smoke her cigarettes. Mine is ivory. Have never been a cig smoker myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.