PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

zanthal

Lifer
Dec 3, 2011
Pleasanton, CA
I'm being told by a family member that some intermittent pain I'm having directly over my left lung/heart area is probably gas.
Gas? Where would gas go to create pain in this area, and how the heck would it get there?
Meh, I think I'm fine, but I can't believe it's just some random pocket of air coming from no place.

monstermash51

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 13, 2012
What type of meds are you taking, cuz my meds sometimes give me chestpain. Nothin serious

gwynclan

Can't Leave
Jan 18, 2012
Stress and anxiety can sometimes cause those symptoms. But would have it checked out all the same.

also sitting for long periods of time can cause chest pains depending on your weight.

Please don't hesitate going to emergency room.

zanthal

Lifer
Dec 3, 2011
Pleasanton, CA
I've been getting them on and off for years, it's not at all unbearable.
I ask because I can't explain it.
I might make an appointment.

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
Could be symptoms of pleurisy, which is a lung disorder; also could be cardiac, dissecting aorta, partially blocked coronary artery, or an aortic valve issue. You proably need a sonogram and an EKG minimum to diagnose it correctly. SO... like everyone else says: GO TO THE ER. Better to be safe than sorry.

bbauer

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 10, 2011
Livermore, CA
Yeah i agree with everyone else, the only way to know for sure is to talk to a doctor IN PERSON. Symptoms can look extremely similar for two different things, one thing may benign and something else could be dangerous if not looked into. One thing is for sure though, better safe than sorry. Hope you feel better.

philip

Lifer
Oct 13, 2011
Puget Sound
I'm not a fan of doctors. I think their ignorance is only matched by their arrogance.
But if seeing one will keep you here with us a little longer do it!
I've lost enough friends.

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
Doctors are just people. Cashiers screw up change all the time. See a few if you can afford to.

zanthal

Lifer
Dec 3, 2011
Pleasanton, CA
Well I actually had a cardiogram, sonicgram, EKG, EEG, just last May.
Cardiologist did put me on a statin medication, and the old guy sat me down and looked really worried and everything, but he didn't say anything about there being an actual problem.
And yes Mick, the end. Heh

morlader

Can't Leave
Mar 2, 2011
Cornwall UK
Get it checked out and pester them until you get some answers.I know it may sound odd but sometimes a back problem particularly in the thorasic area can refer via the phrenic nerve around to the chest.I have an arthricic vertibrea T5 and the pain shows up in my chest.Either way get it checked.All the best.
Tom

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Sound advice here. Go to the doctor. I had a swollen ankle last summer and it turned out that I had DVT (Deep Vein Thrombosis). Still on coumadin for 7 months. Looks like I just missed the bullet for a lot worse.

So don't delay. Best of luck.

brewshooter

Lifer
Jun 2, 2011
I get gas pressure sometimes that can cause pain pressure in that area. However, I can usually burp and the pain subsides. I'd say get it checked out. Too me, it's pretty clear when it's gas pain.

jship079

Can't Leave
Oct 17, 2010
Try gasX see if it help works. Also is it accompanied by pain in the left arm, jaw, between the shoulders, sweating, nausea all good indicators of a heart attack. I am not like most men if I am sick I go to the Dr. but I have had insurance for a long time im sure I would go much less if I had to come out of pocket.

Status
Not open for further replies.