PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

teamhavoc28

Can't Leave
Nov 10, 2010
guys, just got both of my of my diplomats. one is already smoked and feels great the other has a chip at the base. don't know If i should mention it to etailer or if it will even affect the over all performance of the pipe. Need some advice and posting the pic for you guys to evaluate.
pipe006.jpg

searock

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 15, 2010
I'm certainly no expert on cobbs, but it would seem to me that a "flaw" like that would be part of the nature of what it's made of. If it doesn't look like the flaw goes through to the inside of the bowl I wouldn't worry about it. Happy smoking!

teamhavoc28

Can't Leave
Nov 10, 2010
it doesn't searock... i love the feel of the billiard style and don't like being a whiney consumer to a good company.

flipflopsandshades

Can't Leave
Dec 12, 2010
It doesn't look as if it affects your smoke but you are the customer...if you aren't satisfied then have them replace it or refund your money.

jwp159

Can't Leave
Jan 1, 2010
It shouldn't effect how it smokes or the life of the cob. From what I can see in the pic it's a normal flaw you sometimes see in cobs. I have one or two like that.

Smoke and enjoy

collindow

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 15, 2010
Portland, OR
The flaw is that there's a COB THERE! HA HA. Oh. All right.

Looks less likely to explode in a fiery ball of burley than my little cob.

wolfscout

Can't Leave
Dec 13, 2010
Newberry, SC
I have all kinds of cob pipes. some have "flaws" and all are perfect.

a cob for a knock around pipe in my farm truck is good. I'd hate to have a more expensive pipe left out like that.

Then again, sometimes it's hard to tell the difference which pipe Im actually smoking in.
Does it function? == no flaw.
IMOSO

teamhavoc28

Can't Leave
Nov 10, 2010
Update: The cob pictured is leaking smoke from the base of the bowl where the chip is located...I have written the customer service at the etailer on what to do. Sucks but I'm positive things will be made happy for all in the end. And sorry for all my cob questions guys I'll slow down on them I promise.

Status
Not open for further replies.