Is the Pipesandcigars.com Magazine a New Thing?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

javajunkie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 26, 2013
Just got a glossy new ad mag from P&C in the mail, chock full of dealies. It may just be the first time I have received it, but it looks to me a LOT like a CI catalogue. I have nothing against this, really, and it may even help bring new smokers into the fold of briar fans, but I figured with all the speculation over the P&C changeover this was worth mentioning.
Also worth note that the first half was entirely cigar related, although the last half had both solid deals and good representation of pipes.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
They ought to take care of their business, I ordered over a 100$ worth of tobbaco early Thursday morning, and the order is still not filled, got the e-mail about the order but my account says pending. Doesn"t take 2,1/2 days to fill an order, if that their customer plan after a merger it sucks.

javajunkie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 26, 2013
Same boat, sir Brad, and I feel your pain. I am now expecting a delivery for stuff I ordered on the first, should show Tuesday according to UPS. Once I complained, 6 days after ordering, I got an email going back and forth with a person. THEN I got tracking on my package, which apparently needed to go to Pennsylvania first, then to KY. So apparently they haven't moved all their stock yet to the new digs.. o(

drwatson

Lifer
Aug 3, 2010
toledo
+1

I really have been kinda tring to keep my opinions to myself when I have read the past few not so positive posts about them. However last few orders have not been as smooth, and whats up with everything on backorder? Are they self destructing there? I hope not...

bobpnm

Lifer
Jul 24, 2012
Panama City, Florida
I'm having a hard time understanding how thing could have gone so wrong. My experience with CI always left me thinking of them as the best in the business. We members here have to be some of P&Cs best customers. Optimism was high that the buyout would result in better customer service and better availability of the great H&H blends so many of us like. Things seem to be headed in the wrong direction at an alarming rate.
Edit: Almost as if they intend to let P&C die.

wnghanglow

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 25, 2012
I called about a late order, they say switching behind te scene systems has made it difficult for everyone and orders are getting lost. Call *and prepare for a hold* and they can straighten it out. I wouldn't stop using them, but I think I will give tem a bit of time to test there new system on someone else first lol as for the magazine I get it every month And it is usually cigar dominated *like there sales* but always has tons of pipes and deals in the back. So nothing new there. *yet*

rayje589

Can't Leave
Nov 28, 2012
I'm waiting for everything to calm down before ordering... the only magazine I got from them came in an order from around christmas time.

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
Folks, I've spent an inordinate amount of my time lately addressing these issues both with our customers and our staff and management. There were logistical issues with the move that no one anticipated, and have taken much longer than expected to resolve. We're well aware that this is frustrating to all of you, and it's every bit as frustrating to us. We're working every day to bring in more merchandise, update the site and to resolve turnaround time. Pipes and Cigars.com isn't going anywhere, and in a short time you'll see better functionality with our site, a wider variety of products and some spectacular deals.

When CI made it clear to me that they wanted me to be part of the package, I only accepted because the plans they have to make P&C the best site possible fell in line with my own personal goals for our company. I know that this will happen, because I know what CI has in mind for the future and you'll see the results before too long.

If we could go back a month, knowing then what we know now, we would have done a number of things differently, but that thinking serves no purpose. We're stepping up our efforts to clear things up and the solutions will become apparent soon. I thank our customers for their patience, and I will do everything I can to see that your faith is rewarded.

In the meantime, I hope you like the new catalog, and I've seen some of the preliminary work on the next one, and there's going to be a lot of new items and deals.
Russ

quincy

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 7, 2013
Hey, I kind of like the Magazine. I'm looking forward to reading the articles and interviews as well. Good "john" reading. Russ, thanks for responding. I know (and I think many of us know) that mergers and moves aren't easy on anyone and that time takes time. It also doesn't hurt that you are a well loved and respected member of this community and one heck of a blender. I, for one, trust you. If you say the dust needs to settle a little more because things are tricky at the moment and that it'll get better, then as long as you are there I'll wait.
Thanks for the assurances!

crpntr1

Lifer
Dec 18, 2011
Texas
+1 quincy

I'm sure the vast majority of this community understands what a pain a merger is

I haven't recieved the magazine yet, I for one hope I do, and if all "corporate *urds" treated customers the way P&C has treated me in the past, put me on all there mailing lists.

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
Thanks Chris and Quincy for the support. I'm sure that you'll see very shortly that your trust will be rewarded.
Russ

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Thanks for responding Russ. My past two orders with P&C could have been handled better, but I am willing to be patient.
Overall P&C is a solid reseller and a great resource for those of us who enjoy pipes and cigars, so I don't want to complain too much.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
This merger is gonna be just like baking a cake. A pain in the ass process that seems to take forever, but produces a very enjoyable result once it's done. Trust me there isn't an iPhone app to smooth this merger out. If there was I'm sure Russ would have downloaded it and applied it already. I say give them another month or two to smooth everything out. From what I've heard the end result will be well worth the patience.

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
I got it yesterday. . . but it's not a "magazine" by any definition; it's a catalogue. And one in which, bizarrely, drugstore tobacco gets equal exposure to Dunhill's blends, and budget cigars -- pictured with sexy models -- are just a few pages away from Castello pipes.
Can't imagine who they're actually trying to target, but it isn't me.
Bob

ravenwolfe

Lurker
Jul 12, 2012
I personally have had great service from P&C within the last couple of weeks.Everything has come in as expected with no delays and I love the packs of matches that are in my orders.

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
I've had several orders thru C&I and the experiences have all been good. I've never had the pleasure of using P&C since they won't ship tobacco to Washington. I have great hope once the dust settles that I can become a P&C customer. I've been told that patience is rewarded.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
And one in which, bizarrely, drugstore tobacco gets equal exposure to Dunhill's blends, and budget cigars -- pictured with sexy models -- are just a few pages away from Castello pipes.
Different brands will pay for extra exposure in a catalogue - so it's up to the store to fit it all in based on how much they contributed.
Print catalogues are old school and rapidly dying out, but P&C may feel that their market still warrants one. Personally I don't mind receiving the catalogue but I have to admit, the most I do is flip through it and toss it since I receive the same info about sales, etc in an email.

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
So, I'm not patient. Just tried to place an order thru P&C - no go.
So, I went to C&I and place an order. I couldn't get everything that I wanted from P&C, but the prices on bulk were better. Are the websites going to merge? Is there hope for me?
Waiting in Washington . . .

bobpnm

Lifer
Jul 24, 2012
Panama City, Florida
Russ - I can tell that is frustrating for you. I'm not at the point of permanently taking my business elsewhere. When issues are resolved, I'll be ordering Classic Burley Kake again! - bp

kashmir

Lifer
May 17, 2011
Northern New Jersey
Keep up the great work Russ. We're behind you, and I think most of us know transitions can be difficult. I for one love paper catalogs / magazines dealing with pipes and tobaccos. And hey the models are not bad looking either. Cheers,

Status
Not open for further replies.