Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cranseiron

Part of the Furniture Now
May 17, 2013
McHenry, MS
At least not in Giddings. I saw this on our way back from Austin in this small Texas town on Hwy. 290. Texas has a slew of these small, beautiful and well kept little towns. I think it's the German work ethic and orderliness. Good to see a bit of tobacco history preserved.
img_20171022_105856074-600x337.jpg

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
I remember seeing barns painted with ads quite a bit when I was younger.

Here in the city, sometimes a building will be torn down, exposing a wall that has an ad on it.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Hey, I'm right up the road from Durham, N.C., home of Bull Durham, and their minor league ball team The Durham Bulls. They have a handsome "new" ballpark, but have maintained the old one as a sort of park. I loved the old place, a time machine back into the 1920's; 'saw a game there before they moved, perfect.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Texas will always have a certain style all its own, and endless local patriotism.

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
By today's mainstream press, Eric, absolutely not.
You all are a bunch of gun toting, flag waving, Bible carrying Neanderthals. Sort of like Kansas except a few hundred miles south.
If Texas secedes, again, I'll holler at the Okies and we'll be along shortly.
That stated, my boyhood in SW Missouri and SE Kansas is full of barns with Mail Pouch, Beech-Nut and Bull Durham signage.
Great picture!
Fnord

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
Austin, San Antonio, Houston and Dallas/Ft. Worth are "Politically Correct" but then those areas tend to vote Democrat and are no longer really a part of mainstream Texas.

Status
Not open for further replies.