PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

brass

Lifer
Jun 4, 2014
United States
I just got a case of this stuff. The packaging just says premium and doesn't mention specifically that it was refined multiple times. Have any of you experience with this brand? I just ordered a new Peterson lighter and I don't want to gunk it. I understand that multiple refined fuels are best?
Pax

elbert

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 10, 2015
The 11x is described on Amazon by the seller as "11 times refined", so i would guess that the 7x is "7 times refined". I haven't ventured into butane yet myself, though.

brass

Lifer
Jun 4, 2014
United States
Thanks. Yeah, I saw that and decided to buy based on that information. The 7x listing mentions only the 11x product. I would thing the label would be more specific. Hopefully, someone here has tried it or has more info.
I'ven owned several mid-line butane lighters but they all had problems after refilling a couple of times. Perhaps there is trick to refilling.
Pax

elbert

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 10, 2015
I've owned several mid-line butane lighters but they all had problems after refilling a couple of times. Perhaps there is trick to refilling.
That's unfortunate. I'll probably have to bite the bullet and spring for an Old Boy when the time comes--and hope for the best. I sure do wish I could retire the fluid-sucking zippo!

nevadablue

Lifer
Jun 5, 2017
Butane is butane.
Probably just like gasoline. Much of it comes through pipelines, is put in huge tanks, 5 drops of 'secret ingredient' is added and it magically becomes Shell or Union or some other oil company product.

brass

Lifer
Jun 4, 2014
United States
I put in a return request. The package was supposed include a Firebird lighter, which also missing. I'll file a complaint with Amazon if I get no satisfaction.
In the meantime, I ordered Colibri butane in which I have more confidence.
Pax

Jun 27, 2016
That might be even better than what I go with, but I like using the Whip-It 5x. I looked into it and the 5x has very little residue to clog up the regulators, etc. :puffy:

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Out of curiosity, how would anyone, apart from the manufacturer, know how much residue is in a given can of butane, and how that might compare to other vendor's products?

Status
Not open for further replies.