Is it possible? Can it be true? My blend, finally?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

thehappypiper

Can't Leave
Feb 27, 2014
Long-time-no-post.

Hope you've all been doing well. Tonight I reached for my excellent Moretti Plateau Dublin (see my gallery)and filled it with some H.H. Old Dark Fired which has been sitting in a glass jar for around ten months since I bought it. It was everything I wanted in a tobacco; not too strong, perfect moisture, straightforward but not boring, easy to light and filled with true tobacco flavour. [N.B. This is not an ad!]

We have all smoked many many tobaccos and we have all had wonderful experiences. But how do you know when you have The One?

I will be smoking another few bowls of this over the coming days to make sure it wasn't simply pleasure at an alternative, but I have not been piping much these last couple of weeks and have been hankering after a decent cigar. Tonight's bowl made the break really worth while and seemed to have that "honest" quality I've been hankering after with my cigar pinings.

Hhm, lovely. :D

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Lucky you. I've fallen in love with blends only to be broken hearted by their demise. I've been smoking pipes since 1970 and Lane discontinued my favorite blend in the early 1980's. I've been searching ever since. I've got some great blends but searching for #1.

Enjoy it and load up on it.

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
I would have to agree with papipeguy. If you found something you really like you should stock up on it

dottiewarden

Lifer
Mar 25, 2014
Toronto
The search must go on!
I'm glad you've found a great go to tobacco for your rotation, but that´s far from the end of the road: tastes change, moods change, even tobacco changes over time.
Glad you had your blissful pipeful: Congatulations!

masspiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 14, 2014
I agree smoke and stock what you like. For me it is SPC Mississippi River with Wessex BCDF and Klondike Gold right there with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.