PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jship079

Can't Leave
Oct 17, 2010
So I just started smoking pipes and have bought four pipes and two of them have been broke thats 50% of them has any one problems like this and they were from "good" companies and "good" retailers am I just having bad luck

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
I guess that all depends on what brands you bought and what you are doing to them.... Good is a very relative term, and they might even be on the low-end of some "good" company's lines. Which ones broke and how?
-Jason

ernest

Can't Leave
Aug 31, 2010
If the pipes were broke,then a physical force had to of been applied to them.The force that was applied on the pipe to break it is the unknown.
Most pipe smokers respect the outside forces that could break a pipe,and therefor take preventive measures for not allowing this to happen.
Proper storage could be a big factor in keeping a pipe out of harms way.
Please tell us how this tragedy came to be so that the rest of us may never fall in this trap of despair.

mlaug

Part of the Furniture Now
May 23, 2010
Iowa
The only pipe I've broken was one I dropped.
I still remember the slow motion fall.
( shudder )

fred

Lifer
Mar 21, 2010
In my early days with Pipes, a number of them paid the price for

my lack of experience. They also provided me with the learning

experiences that have been with me for years.

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
If you do not yet have a rack , find a box to keep them in . Never remove the stem hot and never use force . Do not keep in your pocket . Try to refrain from knocking the bowl to remove dottle . If they are name brand pipes call the seller and maybe they will take care of you .

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
I once had a parker zulu, which I just loved, be broken from a fat guy sitting on it. He felt so bad and I assured him it was alright, but all the while I wanted to friggin' cry and sock him in the mouth. Man I miss that pipe.

jship079

Can't Leave
Oct 17, 2010
no I did not break them they came broke one was a peterson and the other a MMcob

thomc80

Can't Leave
Jun 15, 2010
Contact the seller if it broke in shipment they may be able to take care of you.

krgulick

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Agreed, they should either offer you a refund, a replacement or a similar pipe if the ones purchased are since unavailable.

seakayak

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 21, 2010
I agree. In nearly 40 years of pipes, the only repairs I've ever needed was a couple of chewed-through stems. A pipe, properly made and cared for should last a lifetime and beyond.

midniteryder

Lurker
Aug 3, 2009
Many years and many pipes the worst thing was chewed through stems. Pipes are pretty tough but not GVW tested!!

Status
Not open for further replies.