PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

chlogeo3

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 27, 2010
I just purchsed a Peterson Kilarney pipe. It has the P on the stem but what concerns me it reads, "A Peterson Product" made in the Republic of Ireland.
What gives? Is this a second rate pipe made by Peterson?
Forrest

yoru

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 5, 2011
I've never seen a kilarney up close so I dunno if they say anything normally -- but my 307 is marked "K&P Peterson" on the metal band and just "Peterson" on the bowl with a number on the other side of the bowl. My barrel has the P on the stem and say Peterson Barrel on the flat base of the bowl.

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
The Killarney is one of several entry level lines produced by Peterson. I have several and they are all excellent pipes.

collin

Oct 29, 2010
Oklahoma
Depends on what your definition of "second rate" is.

I've got one, and I really like it, is it top of the line? Nah, the price tag told me that much, but it's better than many of the other pipes I have.

chlogeo3

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 27, 2010
Thanks guys for she is a beauty and Great smoker. :lol:
Forrest

chuckw

Oct 7, 2009
You'll find several Peterson's stamped "A Peterson Product" in their entry level pipes. Another that comes to mind is the nickle mounted Army pipe series.

mattia76

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 24, 2010
Savinelli does the same thing with their Oscar line. "A Savinelli Product" it says, but it still says "Savinelli"

Oh, and great smokers as well!

redfox

Might Stick Around
Jun 16, 2010
i totally love the peterson killarnys, its on my long list of "to buys". whicj is far too long thamks to you guys!! :D

kwilliams40

Might Stick Around
Nov 17, 2013
NY
The Aran is my favorite finish of the Peterson line, and they are at the lower end in terms of price.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
I have three Draculas, a three Irish Harps, a few special editions for St Patrick's Day and Halloween. I consider the 107 model the finest pipe someone new to pipes can get. The stout shank and body, the extreme curve of the fishtale stem, make this model a joy to handle and smoke. Also, Peterson makes some great assessories: I have two pouches and a single pipe carry case with a pouch and zipper pocket for lighter and tamper, related stuff, all three made of a soft, rich chocolate colored leather. Peterson Rules!

BTW, the nomenclature reads "Peterson Dublin"; never saw a "Peterson Product" on any model, but I only have a couple of different model. lines I'm thinking of the Aran series now. But is the Aran a lower quality pipe?

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
kwilliams, I think the Aran has a great looking finish and the Shannon line also catches my eye. Both are priced quite nicely. :puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.