PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strike Anywhere

Can't Leave
Nov 9, 2011
Central United States
Greg has been quiet — on forums/groups, the “Ask GL Pease” section here, his blog, and his release schedule. Did the deeming rules essentially push him over the edge, or did he just lose interest? His blends, and brand, are iconic, so I know they aren’t going anywhere, but I miss his contributions. Is he active somewhere else?

Last I heard directly from him was that he had other projects... at the time, so believe it was wine making. He is very active on Instagram, showing off his photography skills. But, he really only ever comes over here when people start slinging mud at him and his brand... accusing him of using preservatives, or using faulty tins... which is great incentive to just start slandering crap out of his blends. Then, maybe he’ll come out and play with us. :puffy:

prairiedruid

Lifer
Jun 30, 2015
accusing him of using preservatives, or using faulty tins... which is great incentive to just start slandering crap out of his blends. Then, maybe he’ll come out and play with us. [:puffy:]
You don't tug on Superman's cape.....

irishearl

Lifer
Aug 2, 2016
Kansas
Well, he does have a Facebook page which I've checked out from time to time out of curiosity. A lot of those posts relate to the pipes and tobacco he's smoking along with odds and ends which interest him.

prairiedruid

Lifer
Jun 30, 2015
So if you were going to make a pentagram to summon the Dark Lord of Latakia what 5 blends would you use?
My choices: Westminster, Quiet Nights, Renaissance Reserve, Fillmore, and Triple Play.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Half the income from his many blends goes away in 2021. Imagine having his talent and hard work and having it cut in half by a pissy bunch of bureaucrats. But he retired from most contact with the plebes some time ago, and he has every reason to be focusing his energies elsewhere.

kola

Lifer
Apr 1, 2014
Colorado Rockies, Cripple Creek region
I don't get the whole "Dark Lord" thing. I see Greg as just the opposite.
???
I wonder if he smokes cobs. I've seen his great collection of Prince pipes, but would love to hear his thoughts on those love or hated corncob thingys.

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
The nickname goes back many years, when most of what he blended was heavy with latakia (which is visually very dark).

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
I'm still trying to decided if I like Stonehenge Flake. Maybe he will respond to my wondering if it would be better if I just let it sit with the lid off the tin for a couple of days.

litup

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 16, 2015
Sacramento, CA
This may be none of my business, and I hope it's not rude of me to ask, but I've always been curious about how it works for Greg and C&D. Greg comes up with the blends and (I'm guessing) the tin art/names, but C&D manufactures them, packages them, etc. Does Greg get a per-tin royalty or does he contract with C&D to make it for him and they get a cut of what he makes? Is it six of one, a half dozen of the other?

9mmpuffer

Might Stick Around
Mar 1, 2018
Half the income from his many blends goes away in 2021. Imagine having his talent and hard work and having it cut in half by a pissy bunch of bureaucrats. But he retired from most contact with the plebes some time ago, and he has every reason to be focusing his energies elsewhere.
I've said it before, friends, and I'll say it again. If you enjoy great pipe tobacco, load up while you can, the Apocalypse is coming!!!

oldtoby

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 7, 2011
There's some very good questions asked here by different members.
I really hope Greg will chime in. Please?
I'd love to hear about the different tobaccos and the different cuts used in your current renditions and how you feel about it. Curious minds and all....
We loyal fans deserve it....
BTW, Fuck Facebook....

Status
Not open for further replies.