Is Condor any better than the G&H Offerings?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lawmax3

Can't Leave
Jan 18, 2013
I have been considering ordering some Condor to try.

The question I have, is it better/similar/worse than G&H offerings such as Kendall Flake, Dark Flake or Ennerdale? I like Lakelands so that is not the concern for me.

I am just wondering if it is really worth the effort and higher price to pursue yet another tobacco if the G&H offerings are just as good or similar and are available locally. Of course, I do realize personal preferences play a big part in the choice.

If some of you who have condor experience, good or bad, could give an opinion I would appreciate the assistance.

derfargin

Lifer
Mar 3, 2014
Kennesaw, GA
Condor is worth your time and money. It really is an awesome smoke. The only G&H I smoke is Dark Birdseye, and it still doesn't come close to scratching the Condor itch.

hawke

Lifer
Feb 1, 2014
Augusta, Ga
I really like Condor a lot! What are these G&H smokes that are similar or just as good you speak of? Namely the Kendall Flake, Dark Flake or Ennerdale? Or even the Peterson 3P the DeathMan spoke of. Which one is most like Condor?

oldreddog

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 4, 2014
Condor is an altogether excellent experience. I would consider GH Bosun Cut Plug to be a similar smoke. If you pm me your address I'll send you some to try.

davet

Lifer
May 9, 2015
Estey's Bridge N.B Canada
I would compare it more to Peterson 3P
Really ? I don't get any similarities. If there's any Lakeland present in 3P's I'm missing it entirely. The only Lakeland I've got are are Grasmere Flake, Condor and St. Bruno, all very much different from one another.

lawmax3

Can't Leave
Jan 18, 2013
Thanks for the information everyone.

hawke, The Kendall and Ennerdale flakes have a heavy Lakeland flavor with mid nicotine strength. I think they are both good smokes. Dark Flake Scented has a Lakeland flavoring but is quite strong. I like it a lot but only in small quantities or mixed with others. Sounds like condor is its own animal as far as comparisons go.

oldreddog, Thank you for the information on the Bosun cut plug. I'll add some to my next order. It is one I have been planning to try, but thanks for your generosity.

I think I will take the advice of those who like it and order some condor. :puffy:

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
I've only had the Long Cut and Ready Rubbed. Interestingly, I found the Long Cut to have more of a traditional Lakleland essence. I'll get to the plug some day.

sallow

Lifer
Jun 30, 2013
I too have only had the long cut. I found it to be a very good stout tobacco with a bit of Lakeland flavor.
I wouldn't call it better than the gawith products, just different. To me the base tobacco seemed similar to the old dark fired.

Status
Not open for further replies.