Is $40 for 8oz Tilbury a good price? (12-17-2014)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

griffonwing

Can't Leave
Nov 12, 2014
Omaha AR
well, the shipping along will be over 15 bucks, so I am looking at 55 bucks for a bag delivered. I think I will pass.
Also, I tried calling the company 3 times this morning, left a message, and no response still. So I am uncertain if the "in-stock" is current.
For those of you who are willing to try
http://www.topqualitycigars.com/Esoterica_PT.html

griffonwing

Can't Leave
Nov 12, 2014
Omaha AR
@cortez - That sounds like a plan then, thanks. I still have some jarred from 2006 that I can finish off.
@newbie - Hrmm, I called the number that I saw on the front page of the website. I was unaware of a second line. As for the shipping, I added the Tilbury to the shopping cart and chose the shipping method, and saw that it added 15.34 shipping. Of course, I would never seek "totally free shipping" for any thing, however, that does seem a bit high for a small package.
Regardless, it's now out of stock, as I just tried adding it again to check.
--EDIT-- They only offer UPS, as the option for USPS game no shipping information, which is why the shipping was so high.

escioe

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 31, 2013
$5/oz of tobacco is pretty standard for 2oz tinned blends like GL Pease, McClelland, Samuel Gawith, Dunhill, etc. So while I do pause for a second when there isn't a bit of a price break for an 8oz container, I don't think about it too much. I buy Esoterica for $32 a bag and feel totally fine about it. That's what I pay for an 8oz tin of a Pease blend. If it were $40, I'd still buy it and feel fine. Too much more than that, and likely not.

mcitinner1

Lifer
Apr 5, 2014
Missouri
@ Griffonwing,
I almost always spend enough on an order for the sole purpose of getting free shipping....nothing wrong with free shipping is there? Right now several of the sites have free shipping for a $50 purchase. That's half what it normally is.
Tobacco Pipes...any order mailed to CONUS is free shipping

Smoking Pipes...$50 purchase is free shipping

griffonwing

Can't Leave
Nov 12, 2014
Omaha AR
Same here. The last 5 purchases were all over 100, so i am not that familiar with shipping costs. However, i did check shipping costs for Margate from another site, 8oz, and shipping was only 7.50.

Status
Not open for further replies.