PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

irishsmoker

Lifer
Feb 14, 2012
Well you guys may or may not know that my cat Watson was hit by a car two months ago and passed away. Well today when I got home I found a cage on my tobacco stand and this lil guy was in it! My fiancé got him for me! He's a male dumbo eared rat! I've had several rats in the past and Courtney decided to get me another and herself one as well! God bless that woman!

6B529775-8FA7-42A5-B6AB-E75E643CBF2D-9281-00000C17EC20AD79.jpg

buster

Lifer
Sep 1, 2011
My sister had had rats as pets for many many years. She has none at the moment but she has a soft spot for them in her heart. We had quite a few growing up. Sounds like your lovely lady knows you very well. She is a keeper.
Merry Christmas to you and your family.

shawn

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 1, 2012
Irish, we have four rats one is a dumbo. They are great pets. You have a wonderful Lady!

irishsmoker

Lifer
Feb 14, 2012
Wow I didn't expect this reaction! I usually get gross, disgusting, and filthy! The same reaction I get whilst smoking in public!

Sep 27, 2012
Upland, CA.
Wow I didn't expect this reaction! I usually get gross, disgusting, and filthy! The same reaction I get whilst smoking in public!
Naw man... I used to have rats, snakes, scorpions and Spider as pets... hell I was going to get a fruit bat when I first got married, but it never happened. :)
btw... he's adorable :D

madmurdoc

Can't Leave
Dec 8, 2012
North Idaho
I never had a rat, but when I was a kid, my best friend had a couple pet rats. One named Gismo was really smart and would climb trees with us, but wouldn't go over his head.

brewshooter

Lifer
Jun 2, 2011
My college freshman roommate had two pet rats. Not the cute ones, just normal Norwegian rats. One of them got out and it was wandering around all night because he couldn't find it. I didn't mind it when it was in the cage, but didn't really enjoy trying to sleep and wondering if I was going to wake up with the thing crawling on my face.

joeahearn

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 30, 2012
I have had two white rats as pets. They are very smart, very clean, and seem to really like people. Good on your girlfriend for getting you a new pet.

guitarguy86

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 6, 2012
What about Chuck?

I used to have a few rats. I loved letting them sit on my shoulder while watching TV or being on the computer.

zanthal

Lifer
Dec 3, 2011
Pleasanton, CA
Sorry to hear about this Watson. If my cat Ash got ran over, that would sadden me.
I've had hamsters and rats before, they can be surprisingly tame and docile if they're treated right.

Status
Not open for further replies.