PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hotshot

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 26, 2014
I think that tomorrow, St. Patrick's Day, brings out the Irish in all of us. I have a little Irish/Scotish blood flowing in my veins, but it really comes out on St. Paddy's Day. How about y'all?

I had to fire up my old Peterson K&P tonight with a great English blend. :) May the wind be always at your back. Happy St. Patrick's Day !!!

smeigs

Lifer
Jun 26, 2012
I as well am Scottish with a bit of Irish thrown in.. Of course on St. Patties I exaggerate my Irish side a bit more!

dread

Lifer
Jun 19, 2013
Quarter Irish, quarter English, half African.
My Wife is half Irish (and has a fiery side from it, I tell you) and half Danish.
My kid has blue eyes and blond/brown hair.
I will be turning in my brother card shortly . . .

flakyjakey

Lifer
Aug 21, 2013
Half-Irish me, and I used to play for London Irish RUFC. In the days when I played (aeons past) the club used to import its Guinness directly from Dublin because it was much better than the stuff brewed under licence in the UK!! Oh, and it was served at cellar temperature, so it did not jangle one's fillings!!

sfsteves

Lifer
Aug 3, 2013
SF Bay Area
Predominantly Irish with some Manx and a touch of English thrown in ... MrsS is of Irish and Scottish descent, also with a touch of English ... but, on St. Paddy's day, all the rest of the mix is ignored and Irish eyes are smiling ...

Dec 24, 2012
I am half Irish (through my Mother) and I am a citizen of the Republic of Ireland as well. I plan to drink a few pints today for sure.

flakyjakey

Lifer
Aug 21, 2013
@peck, maybe don't drink 'extra cold' Guinness - it might cause 'brain freeze' (very painful)! lol

Dec 24, 2012
I don't have a brain to freeze, flakey, so not an issue for me. Plus, I prefer Murphy's at just a few degrees coler than room temp.

flakyjakey

Lifer
Aug 21, 2013
I also prefer Murphy's, ever since I first tried it in Cork. I think you have the temperature right, at least for my taste.

ravkesef

Lifer
Aug 10, 2010
Cheshire, CT
100% Jewish, with respect and admiration for my Irish friends and neighbors. Here's a little known fact--little known but accessible with but modest research: the traditional St. Paddy's Day fare of corn beef and all the trimmings did not originate in Ireland; rather, it came from American Jewish delicatessens in the mid to late 1800s, after the Irish immigrations, and then migrated back to Ireland. So, we always celebrate with a good dinner of corn beef and all the sides, and I shall be inaugurating my new Peterson 2014 St. Patrick's Day pipe.
ravkesef
[/url][/img]

skapunk1

Can't Leave
Feb 20, 2013
Off to the pub adter work, couple Guiness. Then home for more, and some late night Mrs. Browns Boys.....and maybe some catching up on my Corrie st.
It's ok..... Its my Friday at work....
Warren
1/4 irish.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
At one time, it appeared that I was 1/8th Irish of some sort. More careful geneology, and a DNA test has proven otherwise, and added some heritage that I was previously unaware of. Seems there's a Spainiard in the fuel supply, and a detectable trace of "other". Then there is the amorphous "Eastern European Jewish" which seems to encompass a lot, including whatever Asian influence there was on my Zeyda's side, which is still noticeable in my mom, but not in me.
I still drink my beer at cellar temps. Be kind to the taste buds, and they will be kind to you.

flakyjakey

Lifer
Aug 21, 2013
@woodsroad, you must also have some English in the mix!! Real ales and porters should be drunk at cellar temp, otherwise the complexities of their flavours can not be appreciated. Most of the 'beers' people drink ice cold have no complexity - basically pish!! lol

hotshot

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 26, 2014
Well, I used to indulge in the spirits, but now only in tea and coffee. I had a problem with much over-indulgence. But as I tell people that ask me if it bothers me to see them drinking, no, if it's not a problem for you, it's ok with me.... but if it's a problem for you, it's a problem with me. The command from God is not that we abstain from wine but to not be drunk from wine. So, enjoy your St. Patrick's day, drink responsibly and smoke a few good bowls of your favorite tobacco in your favorite pipe.
God bless each of you and may the Wind always be at your Back !

Status
Not open for further replies.