PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

colcolt

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 11, 2012
I received a package today that had 8 oz of both MV-1000 and a new one I haven't tried but read much about...Lane's IQ. I think I like it. It remind me of Louisiana Red for some reason and if yo blindfolded me I may not know the difference. A keeper and smoked good in both the Peterson 307 as well as my Winslow Crown Viking. This one's a definite keeper.

jah76

Lifer
Jun 27, 2012
I gotta tell you Colcolt I tacked Louisiana Red onto my last order because of you. I can't wait to get a few more bowls into it, but my first impression is that I really like it.
I keep a jar of 1Q around when I need a break from my Virginia's. Its what I've been using to practice smoke rings.
I've been looking at a Winslow Viking series myself. Next thing you know I'll be getting a Corgi like you...

hawk60ce

Lifer
Jun 11, 2012
I just picked up some 1Q at the local B&M. I didnt realize that it was actually 1Q as it was listed with a different name. I just happen to ask where he gets his bulk from and he said it was all Lane Limited tobacco. Not bad at $2.49 an ouce

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
Not a big aro smoker,but 1Q and Scottys BB I always keep a pound of each around.Lawrence said it best,kind of a pallete cleanser after a heavier blend binge..

morton

May 3, 2012
Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
Colcolt, I have both in my cellar and while I like 1Q, I absolutely crave Louisiana Red. I've gone through nearly half an 8 ouncer already and am about to pull the trigger on a TAD order for 3 or 4 more for the cellar. Its absolutely delicious in a cob, who knew? Well, actually, you guys did and that was all it took!

terry

Oct 7, 2011
1Q is a very good smoke for the price..always get a lot of compliments when smoking around non smokers.

sparroa

Lifer
Dec 8, 2010
I'm still drawn to RLP-6, 1Q's underachieving brother... Captain Black White was my first tobacco so I'm quite curious.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
The few times I go play bingo with my wife I bring my bingo Pipe large Edwards freehand and smoke IQ, the old ladies love the smell, it's one of the few public places that you can smoke, very enjoyable evening if you like that sort of thing, really the only reason I go is that I can smoke. The old cajun

sparroa

Lifer
Dec 8, 2010
Enjoy it! Public smoking has been banned here for a decade or more.
1Q sounds like the friendliest pipe smoke to those around you... Though I've never had it I know the Captain gets a lot of compliments.

colcolt

Jun 11, 2012
I've been looking at a Winslow Viking series myself. Next thing you know I'll be getting a Corgi like you...
You'd enjoy both. Nothing to dislike about either. Those little guys are unique and have quite a personality and they do vary a lot. If you want a dog that likes to sleep in odd places, try a Corgi.
camrun.jpg

003.jpg

If you want a dog that has a sheepish grin when he breaks wind, get a Corgi.

DSC_1609a.jpg

And, the cutest butts in the world.

100_0405.jpg

sparroa-Speaking of Captain Black, I keep a pouch of it at work and that's what I smoke during lunch break...good stuff.

rlunderhill

Can't Leave
Jan 10, 2012
When I need a break from Balkans, I go to 1Q. Blue Note is mild as well. I always have a pound bag on hand.

colcolt

Jun 11, 2012
Yep, unfinished, they do last longer than many these days, unfortunately. Moreover, they give unconditional love-something no marriage has, IMHO.

daytonsean

Lifer
Aug 28, 2012
Dayton
I'm pretty excited. My local shop has some 1Q, and I get to sample some Saturday afternoon. It'll be my first time trying it.

colcolt

Jun 11, 2012
I just had another bowl in the recently purchased Ferndown and both are superb.

Status
Not open for further replies.