PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lifesizehobbit

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 23, 2015
Made a late breaking visit to Smoking Pipes to do one last look at a Peterson XL21. They just got an Estate XL21 2001 St. Patrick's day in and I couldn't pass it up for the price.
004-004-4476.jpg

ophiuchus

Lifer
Mar 25, 2016
Nice, traditional, manly-looking pipe there! Guess you gotta treat yourself once in a while ... :puffy:

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I have the Around the World version of that pipe in a redder stain, in honor of Ireland. I almost got snagged on an estate pipe myself! So far, only tobacco for me.

tuold

Lifer
Oct 15, 2013
Beaverton,Oregon
That's a nice Peterson. Enjoy that one.
I celebrated modestly today by using P&Cs 20% discount for a tobacco order and an estate Kaywoodie Filter pipe from Etsy.

M

mothernaturewilleatusallforbreakfast

I haven't personally had any luck with Peterson pipes, but that is a good looking pipe. I hope it smokes well and brings many years of enjoyment. :puffy:

lifesizehobbit

Oct 23, 2015
So I'm still waiting on the delivery for this; not SPC's fault...The USPS had it for over 24 hours in a location that's only 35 minutes from me...and that's via a 4-lane freeway without any weather related implications.
Just sat there, la-di-da...(reminded of the Lollygaggers scene in Bull Durham)...

lifesizehobbit

Oct 23, 2015
Ok - so this delivered today and I've already smoked a bowl of Frog Morton. For a 16 year old estate pipe, this was in pretty excellent condition with some light bowl char (as described), but the nickel band and bit were in excellent shape (most likely buffed before going up for sale). The grain is very nice running along the shank and curving up to the top of the bowl, consistently through the design. The pipe smoked cool even in a fairly consistent breeze. I am very happy with this purchase.
So now I have 2 Petersons, both Bulldogs and both St. Patrick's Day editions. Will be smoking my 2017 150 on St. Patrick's day (weather permitting).

Status
Not open for further replies.